The Student Room Group

Ladies- Is it a turnoff that the guy does not drink and is a Vegan?

Scroll to see replies

If you're not the type of person that preaches about how your lifestyle is so much better and respects other people's choices to eat meat and/or drink then people most likely won't care too much, unless they're the type that's concerned over little petty stuff like where they want to eat and such like. However you probably don't care about the opinions of that type of person anyway. Therefore in conclusion:

You're gonna be fine as long as you don't look like Sandor Clegane.
Original post by blue2337
even steakhouses may be accommodating!

the **** are vegans going to steakhouses for?
Depends on the individual, not drinking can actually be a good thing (the practicality of it)
Nope 👍🏼
Reply 83
I'd date a vegan so long as they didn't:
1. Refuse to kiss me until I'd brushed my teeth
2. Insist I kept my food in a different fridge
3. Arrange the menus so they couldn't see what I was eating
4. Say "I'll do the cooking, you just bring any meat you need"
5. Refuse to eat a chip which had been on my plate because it was next to a burger which they neglected to note was actually a veggie burger anyway
Bitter, moi?
Reply 84
I think thats a turn on especially if they dont do any kind of drugs:colondollar: Would you mind dating someone who isn't a vegan and drinks?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Retired_Messiah

Well, if your girlfriend/boyfriend/pals wanted to go to a steakhouse, it would be pretty rubbish for you to miss out on spending time with other people just because of your ethical beliefs? If I avoided all restaurants that were meat-y, like Nandos for example, I'd miss out on a lot of things which would suck and come off super rude?
Turn ons for me as I'm also a vegan non drinker 😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
This would be a turn ON.
I hate meat so I always prefer to go to vegetarian/vegan places when I eat out. I don't have anything against people who eat meat though- I personally just don't like the texture or the smell.
I also wouldn't want to date a guy who is a heavy drinker because its kind of scary how alcohol can make some people act and I always feel sick after having like 5 sips of a drink lmao
Original post by Idunno99
I dont generally talk about it at all so i should be okay right?

Absolutely! Don't worry yourself! :smile:
Drink, Meh. Vegan, Never ever.
Original post by jessyjellytot14
This would be a turn ON.
I hate meat so I always prefer to go to vegetarian/vegan places when I eat out. I don't have anything against people who eat meat though- I personally just don't like the texture or the smell.
I also wouldn't want to date a guy who is a heavy drinker because its kind of scary how alcohol can make some people act and I always feel sick after having like 5 sips of a drink lmao

:yy::ditto:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aperture
Absolutely! Don't worry yourself! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I don't drink either. I'd never smoke, I'd never do drugs. I am, however, a meat lover. As long as the guy respected my choices and did not attempt to 'veganise' me, and was happy for me to eat meat around him, I would be absolutely fine with him being vegan.

Great!:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Vegan isn't but no alcohol or drugs is
Original post by zhanenaomi
I wouldn't think it was a turn off... tbh I'd be more worried you'd be turned off by me wanting to eat meat and wanting to drink aha

True haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Retired_Messiah
If you're not the type of person that preaches about how your lifestyle is so much better and respects other people's choices to eat meat and/or drink then people most likely won't care too much, unless they're the type that's concerned over little petty stuff like where they want to eat and such like. However you probably don't care about the opinions of that type of person anyway. Therefore in conclusion:

You're gonna be fine as long as you don't look like Sandor Clegane.
Yeah I'm not true

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a vegetarian and I wouldn't find it a turn off as long as he wasn't a militant vegan.
Original post by safaa7
I think thats a turn on especially if they dont do any kind of drugs:colondollar: Would you mind dating someone who isn't a vegan and drinks?

No i would not at all:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kittyk16
Vegan isn't but no alcohol or drugs is

Okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Some will love it, some will think it is ridiculous and most will fall somewhere in-between. Ultimately you can't control their perception of your life choices so do what makes you happy and let the rest take care of itself.

Quick Reply

Latest