The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester uni economics/finance/similar- what grades did you get an offer with

Did anyone get an offer from Leicester for economics. Did you do epq and did it change your requirements, also what was your question . Did anyone get in through clearing or get a lower grade but still get in
I had an offer for Economics at Leicester. I was predicted AAB + A in the EPQ, and they gave me an offer of ABB.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Applied for economics, got an offer of BBB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by AfroBella
Applied for economics, got an offer of BBB

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what were you predicted and how did you enhance your ps
Reply 4
Leicester was my insurance choice for Business Economics, and I needed ABB. I got BCC and got accepted
Original post by M_k_s
So what were you predicted and how did you enhance your ps

I was predicted ABB, got BBB and luckily made my offer. 2 marks off an A in business which was annoying but I'm just happy that I made my offer.
I didn't do an epq because I had my citizenship test that I'm studying for alongside a-level and i was bartending on the weekends aswell so I didn't want the extra time commitment or to make it harder for myself.

In my PS i mentioned a foreign exchange work placement that I had done in Germany and generally talked about why I wanted an economics degree i.e. the fact that I make money buying and selling online currently and I am interested in owning my own business in the future so I thought the degree would be beneficial as well as fun.
Reply 6
Original post by AfroBella
I was predicted ABB, got BBB and luckily made my offer. 2 marks off an A in business which was annoying but I'm just happy that I made my offer.
I didn't do an epq because I had my citizenship test that I'm studying for alongside a-level and i was bartending on the weekends aswell so I didn't want the extra time commitment or to make it harder for myself.

In my PS i mentioned a foreign exchange work placement that I had done in Germany and generally talked about why I wanted an economics degree i.e. the fact that I make money buying and selling online currently and I am interested in owning my own business in the future so I thought the degree would be beneficial as well as fun.

which subjects did you take do you think economics, history,english would be ok for a b.a.
Original post by M_k_s
which subjects did you take do you think economics, history,english would be ok for a b.a.

I'm doing BA economics too and took English lit, business studies and biology. You've got experience from your economics a level so you should be fine imo
Accounting and finance, ABB
Original post by M_k_s
Did anyone get an offer from Leicester for economics. Did you do epq and did it change your requirements, also what was your question . Did anyone get in through clearing or get a lower grade but still get in

I got into the accounting and finance course in Leicester with a CCC
sounds like a familiar story here but yeah, Leicester was my insurance and I was predicted AAB.
They gave me an offer at ABB (accounting and finance)
Original post by M_k_s

Not me, but a friend who'll definitely be starting at Leicester this year with me got into Economics through clearing. She got a B in economics and Cs in Maths and Biology. She was meant to do Optometry at Aston but didn't get in, unfortunately.
I was wondering if you got in with lower grades how hard you found the maths in Economics though ?
There's so much maths in economics at Leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by freddysilva
There's so much maths in economics at Leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's so much maths in economics at every uni. That's what economics is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending