The Student Room Group

Will I get into a Biomedical Science course at uni with this profile?

AS results: A in Geography, B in Biology (A if remark goes up), C in Chemistry, C in History, B in EPQ on Embryonic Stem Cell Research.

I repeated year 12, so I am now going into year 13 which will be my 3rd year in 6th form. I have had very good work experience at a pharmacy and The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. I will most likely have predicted grades of AAB or higher. I will be applying for Biomedical Science at university. What are my chances of getting offers from top 20 and top 30 universities, for example from Surrey, East Anglia, Southampton, Kent, Birmingham (examples), with my profile, despite me going to spend 3 years in 6th form?
Original post by JordanDtsr
AS results: A in Geography, B in Biology (A if remark goes up), C in Chemistry, C in History, B in EPQ on Embryonic Stem Cell Research.

I repeated year 12, so I am now going into year 13 which will be my 3rd year in 6th form. I have had very good work experience at a pharmacy and The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. I will most likely have predicted grades of AAB or higher. I will be applying for Biomedical Science at university. What are my chances of getting offers from top 20 and top 30 universities, for example from Surrey, East Anglia, Southampton, Kent, Birmingham (examples), with my profile, despite me going to spend 3 years in 6th form?

This is not a huge amount of use, but I know of someone who (having resat year 12) had an offer of AAB for Biomed from KCL and ABB from QMUL. The one difference is that her Bio/Chemistry grades were higher though.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
This is not a huge amount of use, but I know of someone who (having resat year 12) had an offer of AAB for Biomed from KCL and ABB from QMUL. The one difference is that her Bio/Chemistry grades were higher though.

Thanks for the reply it was useful. Im surprised she got an offer from QMUL, because i thought they did not accept repeaters. Do you happen to know what AS grades she got specifically, and what her predicted grades were? Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest