The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
they are not representative, but it is evidence to suggest that the Quran doesn't brainwash them into killing anyone that the Quran deems worth killing, so there is a human aspect to Muslim communities which overrides the brutality of the Quran, which is to be focused on, rather than terrorist groups who pick out the parts of the Quran that suit their needs and ignore the parts that don't.

Well it's incredibly refreshing to know that's not the case but you haven't even addressed my previous point. Do you not know that Hindus and Christians are discriminated and treated badly to the point there's been concentrationc camps for them in the countries I've mentioned? And ironically, all the countries I've mentioned are Islamic.Did someone in this thread suggest to you that every single Muslim follows the Quran to the letter?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Well it's incredibly refreshing to know that's not the case but you haven't even addressed my previous point. Do you not know that Hindus and Christians are discriminated and treated badly to the point there's been concentrationc camps for them in the countries I've mentioned? And ironically, all the countries I've mentioned are Islamic.Did someone in this thread suggest to you that every single Muslim follows the Quran to the letter?

Really? I've never heard of these religious concentration camps

And yes, at least one person on this specific thread suggested that Muslims follow the Quran unconditionally - many more have on other threads
Wait... I just realised I don't live near a mosque.
I would be right there with you.
Frankly disgusting.

Go back to Pakistan (etc...) if you want to wake up to the sound of Islamic prayer. Leave the UK alone. ****ing fanatics.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Genuine question, have you seen the way Hindus and Christians are treated in countries like Pakistan,Iran,Jordan,Egypt,Turkey and other countries which are heavily Muslim populated? Indonesia is heavily populated with Muslims but at least the government recognises 5 other religions. That's not the case in some of the other countries I've mentioned

So do you genuinely think a community of Muslims in Indonesia and rural India can represent ever single Muslim community in the world? That could be an exception for all you know.

How are Hindus and Christians treated in Jordan and Turkey??
No. There are apps available which can tell you when you need to pray. There is no need for the adhan in a non-Muslim country.
Original post by L i b
No we're not. To take a definition from the National Secular Society: "Secularism is a principle that involves two basic propositions. The first is the strict separation of the state from religious institutions. The second is that people of different religions and beliefs are equal before the law."

We may adhere to the latter in most cases (although not all), but we're about as far away from from the latter as possible. We have religious tests to become head of state, we have bishops ex-officio in our legislature, we have legal requirements for Christian worship in schools, Christian iconography features on virtually every official publication of the state in some capacity (although often you do have to look closely), our National Anthem invokes God, many public buildings have official chapels, we have an official church (two, actually) which our monarch essentially leads, we have prayers before the start of every parliamentary sitting.

Without trying overtly to cause offence, when people come out with these sorts of statements, I really do wonder what planet they're living on.
Well, we ought to be.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
How are Hindus and Christians treated in Jordan and Turkey??

It's actually not so bad in Jordan but in Turkey there have been cases where Christians have been beaten and killed by Muslims.
Really? I've never heard of these religious concentration camps

And yes, at least one person on this specific thread suggested that Muslims follow the Quran unconditionally - many more have on other threads

Then I suggest you read up on Iran's history. There are plenty of memoirs from Iranian Christians talking about how the Ayatollah made concentration camps for Christians.

Please point me out to that person.
I see that @Alevelstress is still posting non-stop about Islam whilst pretending to not be a Muslim.
Reply 151
no way
Nope, nope...nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
No chance. It's bad enough having a ****ing cockerel cock a doodling at some stupid o'clock in the morning.
Original post by XOR_
Nope, nope...nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope

That'll be no, then. Are you sure?
meanwhile our own country (and the USA) and its blairite politics in and warfare in 2004 indirectly resulted in almost all of the violence you will ever find in a photo like that

Well as a matter of fact Harold is making a lot of sense and you are not.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. As much as I appreciate people's freedom of religion, church bells ringing are annoying enough as it is. Maybe i'm the wrong person to talk about this. I hate noise. I don't know. If Christians are allowed churchbells (basically their call to prayer) shouldn't Muslims be given the same rights? I mean isn't it discrimination otherwise. Like our right to express ourselves and whatever religion we do or do not believe is part of our freedom. What does everyone else think?
Original post by catgirlcatgirl
blink 198

yes!!!
Hahahaha no. If this passes I am moving.
Reply 159
God, we should be moving towards secularity and not this abomination.

I find with often with fanatics that they often compete with each other to out zealot each other, it's especially common in Islam that people need to prove that they are the most religious of them all? I don't know, you don't need a ****ing call to praise your God, same way I don't need to be told when it's time to ****ing eat.

Latest

Trending

Trending