The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caitlinford3
& you're basing from last years boundaries, right?

Yes
Original post by Thelabtatpast
Yes

any chance you could do the same for edexcel triple sci?
Original post by caitlinford3
any chance you could do the same for edexcel triple sci?

Im not really familiar with the edexcel ums system as all but 1 of my subjects is with aqa sorry
Original post by Thelabtatpast
Im not really familiar with the edexcel ums system as all but 1 of my subjects is with aqa sorry

No problem :smile:
Original post by sahil19
Anyone here do AQA English Lit? I thought paper 1 was decent-ish (omam and aic), paper 2 I thought was slightly harder. Absolutely no idea if those GB's are going to rise or fall.

Yeah but I did unit 4 (pride and prejudice + macbeth) instead of unit 2 (poetry). I think I did worse in paper 1 just because of timings - completely messed them up so basically wrote nothing for OMAM part b :redface:
No idea how the country found it tbh but I'm praying for low grade boundaries so I can do alright in at least 1 of the English GCSEs.

How did you find the 2015 paper/mock? I thought this was actually harder so hoping the GBs are lower than 53 for an A* & 45 for an A :s-smilie:
Original post by surina16
Yeah but I did unit 4 (pride and prejudice + macbeth) instead of unit 2 (poetry). I think I did worse in paper 1 just because of timings - completely messed them up so basically wrote nothing for OMAM part b :redface:
No idea how the country found it tbh but I'm praying for low grade boundaries so I can do alright in at least 1 of the English GCSEs.

How did you find the 2015 paper/mock? I thought this was actually harder so hoping the GBs are lower than 53 for an A* & 45 for an A :s-smilie:

I've got a feeling they'll lower them for both lit and lang. Yeah the 2015 papers were easier for unit 1 and unit 2, idk about unit 4. Should come down.
Original post by sahil19
I've got a feeling they'll lower them for both lit and lang. Yeah the 2015 papers were easier for unit 1 and unit 2, idk about unit 4. Should come down.

Found lang horrible this year too :rofl: - should definitely be lower this year but not sure if AQA will be nice about it :dontknow:
Yeah unit 4 should be okay - average is about 69(:colone:)% for an A* so as long as my examiner isn't a d*** hopefully it'll be alright :crossedf:
Found lang horrible this year too :rofl: - should definitely be lower this year but not sure if AQA will be nice about it :dontknow:
Yeah unit 4 should be okay - average is about 69(:colone:)% for an A* so as long as my examiner isn't a d*** hopefully it'll be alright :crossedf:

Didn't think you indulged yourself in the number 69 :biggrin:
@surina16 also I will be tweeting Bruff on RD if I do well..
Glad everyone feels the same way - thought I was the only one :redface:

Original post by moggygeorgieee
Yep, exactly :colonhash:

Original post by xSailorMoonQueen
Oh yeah, I do.

I think it was mainly because I was not stressing out in my mocks as I was in my real exams which made my mind go blank and I ran out of time on most of them!

Yes exactly! In my mocks I didn't run out of time at all but in the real ones I ran out of time in quite a few exams (and fairly badly too) :frown:. Sounds terrible but I always do fine when I don't try and when I really want something, the opposite happens and I just do ****.

Original post by romansholiday
exactly :s-smilie:

we must have done better than our mocks wtf (although I wouldn't get too disappointed if I got my mock grades LOL)

Genuinely think I got worse between January & May/June :rofl: (same aha my mocks were actually my dream grades :lol:)
Genuinely feel sick about results day. Argh.
Original post by sahil19
@surina16 also I will be tweeting Bruff on RD if I do well..

haha I planned the exact same thing :biggrin: I had some bants with him before the exams and remember how happy I got when he retweeted me a few times as well :lol: We can be on his testimonies page if we do well :tongue:
haha I planned the exact same thing :biggrin: I had some bants with him before the exams and remember how happy I got when he retweeted me a few times as well :lol: We can be on his testimonies page if we do well :tongue:

Life complete, tears in my eyes if we do well because it will legit be thanks to him. I said in English once that "I got an A* in my language mock thanks to Mr Bruf." and my teacher would just rip into me about it all year. She was clearly jealous hahah :biggrin:
Original post by sahil19
Didn't think you indulged yourself in the number 69 :biggrin:

:teehee:
If anyone is bored or anxious about their results there's a personality test which you decides which personality you have based on the choices you make, you can take it here hopefully it will take you mind off results day for a bit

My personality Advocate which is very rare, making up less than 1% of the population, that makes me feel a little bit special :u:
Original post by sahil19
Anyone here do AQA English Lit? I thought paper 1 was decent-ish (omam and aic), paper 2 I thought was slightly harder. Absolutely no idea if those GB's are going to rise or fall.

I did the exact same as you - AIC and OMAM for Paper 1.
The AIC questions were a bit iffy - I spent 10mins planning the Gerald and Sheila question, only to realise that I didn't have anything solid to write about in my essay, so I switched to the conflict question.
I liked the OMAM extract, but I know many people said otherwise - definitely a mixed bag.

What poetry cluster did you do? I did the Relationships cluster and I was praying that To His Coy Mistress would come up - and it did.

Now, that English Language paper. I've been getting A*s in the mocks, but of course me being me, I screwed up the exam that mattered. I'm usually much stronger in the writing questions, but for some reason, my mind went absolutely blank. I was trying way too hard to write something perfect, and that really messed me up. Hopefully my coursework will be enough to save me.

Either way, I'm terrified.
Original post by Starlight15
If anyone is bored or anxious about their results there's a personality test which you decides which personality you have based on the choices you make, you can take it here hopefully it will take you mind off results day for a bit

My personality Advocate which is very rare, making up less than 1% of the population, that makes me feel a little bit special :u:

I did this exact one last year, and I decided to take the test again last week. Got the exact same result ahaha. I'm an ENTJ-Type T (The Commander), and people of this personality make up 3% :biggrin:
Original post by Starlight15

I got campaigner.. I'm an extrovert aha
Original post by Jem +
I did the exact same as you - AIC and OMAM for Paper 1.
The AIC questions were a bit iffy - I spent 10mins planning the Gerald and Sheila question, only to realise that I didn't have anything solid to write about in my essay, so I switched to the conflict question.
I liked the OMAM extract, but I know many people said otherwise - definitely a mixed bag.

What poetry cluster did you do? I did the Relationships cluster and I was praying that To His Coy Mistress would come up - and it did.

Now, that English Language paper. I've been getting A*s in the mocks, but of course me being me, I screwed up the exam that mattered. I'm usually much stronger in the writing questions, but for some reason, my mind went absolutely blank. I was trying way too hard to write something perfect, and that really messed me up. Hopefully my coursework will be enough to save me.

Either way, I'm terrified.

I did conflict, our cluster was Character and Voice. The poetry exam was quite difficult.

The Language paper I've also been getting A*'s all year but that paper was disgusting at some points. Really hope they lower the GB's by at least 2-4 marks for that.
Original post by sahil19
I got campaigner.. I'm an extrovert aha

You make up 7% of the population you should feel special very rare