The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kn_dragon
I feel like there's no-one here from my college.. Anyone going to Caius in October??

Hello, I will be going to Caius too for PBS!
Original post by Serine Soul
Yeah :tongue: I could probably walk around it in my PJs because it's quiet there

haha yea it looks more like a stately home in the countryside than a uni building
Will I be able to fit everything I need into a fairly large suitcase and holdall or am I being a bit too optimistic?

Optimistic. Very.....
Original post by EnglishMuon
haha yea it looks more like a stately home in the countryside than a uni building

Newnham actually feels pretty central. It's 10 minutes' walk tops from the centre! :smile:
Original post by niamhscarlett

Yay!! Congrats :smile: Do you know if there's a group for us on facebook? I got in for linguistics :biggrin:
Yay!! Congrats :smile: Do you know if there's a group for us on facebook? I got in for linguistics :biggrin:

Freshers' Guide said there was one but couldn't find it. I'm sure there will be one soon though :smile: There is a freshers' group for the whole of the uni and I'm assuming they'll link to the Caius one when it's up :biggrin: Congrats to you too!! I can't wait until we get to move in and start :0
Original post by nestkitt
Yeah definitely excited! How are you going to prepare? I haven't touched any maths since STEP and I don't know if they give us anything to do before we get there.

Sorry, it didn't tell me you had replied.

I believe they send us a workbook of simple questions to make sure we know everything we need to. Also there is this. I'll just do the workbook if they send it and the latter set of questions. Other than that I've just been doing the odd maths question here and there.

Freshers' Guide said there was one but couldn't find it. I'm sure there will be one soon though :smile: There is a freshers' group for the whole of the uni and I'm assuming they'll link to the Caius one when it's up :biggrin: Congrats to you too!! I can't wait until we get to move in and start :0

There is this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/925948084199551/ that I've just seen on one of the groups :smile:
Original post by Mathemagicien
I ****ed up my A2 modules so badly lol

But still scraped them A*s

Lol **** off mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths at homerton.
PM if your doing maths at homerton.
I currently know 2 people with a place, including myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone going to the London 'Welcome to Cambridge' event?
Don't worry, I'm pretty scared that I'll be sitting in my room 24-7 crying over words I don't understand. It's a common feeling and remember that pretty much everyone is on the same boat.

Congrats for making it!

Not everyone, I know tons of words.
Apparently there is Stationary and stationery. Crazy ****. Just crazy.
Can i change to english.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Anyone going to the London 'Welcome to Cambridge' event?

Wtf is that.
Do you need 600 ucas points to attend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Wtf is that.
Do you need 600 ucas points to attend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol https://www.alumni.cam.ac.uk/get-involved/welcome-to-cambridge-events
someone come and find me pls
I feel like there's no-one here from my college.. Anyone going to Caius in October??

I am, for my second year :wink:

If you two have any questions about Caius, feel free to fire away
Reply 95
lol ok maybe not that but a levels i was thinking of

We both know they don't give a toss about A-Levels. You're probably getting paired with the IMO-er/Strangebanana/Samira :tongue: I wonder whether there'll be normal 11-ers like me at King's this year. :lol:

Original post by vincrows
Optimistic. Very.....

*gulps* I'm only able to get a 30 kg suitcase on the plane. :tongue:

Just what I like :mmm:
Original post by vincrows
Optimistic. Very.....

I need to learn the art of minimalism

I might go to the Manchester one actually...
Nah cba
A St John's mathematician (wannabe) checking in...
Can someone please recommend me a good laptop under £400?

I want something small and lightweight :/
Reply 99
Will I be able to fit everything I need into a fairly large suitcase and holdall or am I being a bit too optimistic?

Entirely possible; don't worry about it. I studied in a university abroad in Europe last year and I had to haul everything in a single 23 kg luggage (plus carry-on). You obviously cannot bring any super bulky items with you. I brought the basics; enough clothes to last (I bought some during the year obviously), a suit, the necessary electronics and personal items. I didn't bring too many books - you'll have the best library system in the world at your doorstep!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending