The Student Room Group

Medicine as a future career

Hello:smile: I'm still currently at 6th form and let's just say things didn't really turn out well on Results Day. But I was just wondering, if I was dedicated enough to retake my AS levels and maybe get the best grades, can I still study medicine?
Reply 1
Original post by lmr0815
Hello:smile: I'm still currently at 6th form and let's just say things didn't really turn out well on Results Day. But I was just wondering, if I was dedicated enough to retake my AS levels and maybe get the best grades, can I still study medicine?

As long as you get AAA at A2, you can still study medicine. And the resits are all within the 2 years since you started to give you the best possible chance
As long as you're not resitting the year. If your predicted grades are not AAA or more your chances of success this year are low but you can apply with completed A2s during a gap year.

Graduate entry is the other alternative, but it is longer, more expensive and more competitive.
Reply 3
If you resit the year without extenuating circumstances, you won't be considered at any UK medical school I believe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending