The Student Room Group

Starting new degree after finishing first year in different country

I couldnt find any reliable infromation about it. I finished first year of univeristy in my country. I got a place in uni in london but not sure if im eligible to get the student loan for the full 3 years?
Thanks for help :wink:
Reply 1
Original post by Tyllkaa
I couldnt find any reliable infromation about it. I finished first year of univeristy in my country. I got a place in uni in london but not sure if im eligible to get the student loan for the full 3 years?
Thanks for help :wink:

Depends which country you came from and how long you have been living in the UK or EU.

If you meet the residency requirements, then you should be able to get some sort of Student Finance for all three years of a new degree. Possibly just a Tuition Fee Loan but potentially also a Maintenance Loan.
Reply 2
Im from EU and Im in UK only 2 yers so i know i cant get maintenance loan, just want to know if i can get tuition fee loan for 3 years not for example 2 as i finished 1 year in my country.
Did you get a qualification ?
Reply 4
No, i finished after 1st year.
Reply 5
Original post by Tyllkaa
Im from EU and Im in UK only 2 yers so i know i cant get maintenance loan, just want to know if i can get tuition fee loan for 3 years not for example 2 as i finished 1 year in my country.

As long as you didn't start the second year of your first attempt, you would get a Tuition Fee Loan for all the years of your UK degree.
Reply 6
Thanks so much for help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending