Latin: A
Greek: A
French: A
(edited 7 years ago)
Results:

English Lit: Predicted A / Achieved A

History: Predicted A / Achieved A

Psychology: Predicted B / Achieved A

Bio: Predicted B / Achieved C (will be retaking)

Comments:
Extremely happy with the three As because they are all of high percentages however was expecting more in Bio even if I'm dropping it and not taking it to A level.

Future Ambitions:
International Relations in LSE would be the dream however I know it's extremely competitive, will be applying to King's, SOAS and Edinburgh as well though.
Reply 562
Results

Maths: Predicted B / Achieved A

Physics: Predicted A / Achieved A

Religious Studies: Predicted B/ Achieved A

Comments and reactions
Unbelievably happy. Always dreamed of 3 A's but felt bad after some exams, so relieved.

Future ambitions
Physics at University. Still undecided on where. I welcome any suggestions.
Original post by RPFeyn
Results

Maths: Predicted B / Achieved A

Physics: Predicted A / Achieved A

Religious Studies: Predicted B/ Achieved A

Comments and reactions
Unbelievably happy. Always dreamed of 3 A's but felt bad after some exams, so relieved.

Future ambitions
Physics at University. Still undecided on where. I welcome any suggestions.
Heard Manchester is good. Maybe Birmingham, Cambridge, Oxford?
Reply 564
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Heard Manchester is good. Maybe Birmingham, Cambridge, Oxford?

Manchester is apparently really good. Really hoping to push for 3 A*s next year, but not sure if I'd even be considered for Oxbridge atm:frown:
There aren't any raw marks on my results for English Literature (I'm on OCR and it's the new A Level course). I'm confused cause I got a B but I got 120 UMS points which is apparently the highest number you can get? Unless I'm just looking at this all wrong :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RPFeyn
Manchester is apparently really good. Really hoping to push for 3 A*s next year, but not sure if I'd even be considered for Oxbridge atm:frown:

St Andrews is really good for Physics, ranked number 1 on the Guardian league tables (doesn't really mean much but shows it has good student satisfaction and stuff). Offer is 'only' 3 A's but it has an offer rate of ~33% compared to Manchester and Birmingham's ~80%.
Original post by zombie-dance
There aren't any raw marks on my results for English Literature (I'm on OCR and it's the new A Level course). I'm confused cause I got a B but I got 120 UMS points which is apparently the highest number you can get? Unless I'm just looking at this all wrong :/

Those aren't your raw marks, they're the UCAS points you get for a B grade- an A is worth 135.
Original post by alphadelta
Those aren't your raw marks, they're the UCAS points you get for a B grade- an A is worth 135.

Ohhh right, okay, thanks! c:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lauren-x-
Results

Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A.

Further Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A.

Comments and reactions
Pretty pleased! I'm a little disappointed that I got 86 UMS for FP1 as I got 100 on the 3 applied modules and core 1 & 94 on core 2...I'm nervous for fp2 next year. :s-smilie:

For AQA Further Maths, what are the requirements for an A*? Thanks!

My school didn't enter us for the physics or history AS and instead we did these 'in-house' tests and coursework...I think my school are a little tight. :tea:

Future ambitions
Hoping to study maths at Cambridge, but unsure exactly what I want to do after that. :llama:

How were you predicted an A* at AS when the highest in an A?
Or is it because you were doing so good that they knew you'd get A* at the end of A2 and hence predicted you it XD
Original post by 04MR17
Because that AS has no bearing on your A Level. The AS is a one year course, the A Level is a two year course, that's three years crammed into two. You're not supposed to be doing that, but a lot of schools and colleges are doing it and I don't think it is fair.

But everything you learn in AS is relevant to the A level course as a whole??
Original post by academia153
WJEC
English Lit: 193/200 UMS = A
History: 200/200 UMS = A
French: 180/200 UMS = A
Maths: 282/300 UMS = A

Well done those are amazing results! I don't think hardly anyone got 4 A's at my sixth form.
Predicted straight A but achieved BAAA ; biology, chemistry, maths and further maths respectively .
Has anyone else seen their school get really awful results across the board or is that just mine?

Wondering if the exam boards have decreased the % of A's they're giving out but it doesn't look like that's the case on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Results

Biology : Predicted A/ Achieved A

Chemistry : Predicted A / Achieved A

Maths:Predicted A / Achieved A

Spanish: Predicted A/ Achieved A

Italian: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions : I was literally shocked. Never expected 5A's, it was like a dream come true. I thought I completely failed AQA Chemistry as the first paper was impossible. Maths got 98/100 in C1, 95/100 in C2 and 81/100 in S1 (might resit the module)

Future ambitions: Hopefully medicine, I'm thinking of applying to UCL, King's , Queen Mary and Imperial.

Congratulations to everyone!
When's the last day for a remark please???
Why would you resist getting 81/100 in s1 please 😂😂😂😂😂
Maths - A
(C1 98/100, C2 90/100, D1 94/100)
Further Maths - A
(FP1 83/100, S1 100/100, S2 98/100) - messed up FP1
Geography - A
Music - A
Original post by Bella909
But everything you learn in AS is relevant to the A level course as a whole??

Yes it's two years work idk where 3 comes from. It's just we have to try and remember last year's work as well as this years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got 4A's in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Maths (IAL)

Quick Reply

Latest