The Student Room Group

I wanna be an accountant AMA!!!

Man wants to get a degree, work in the big4 in audit, get the ACA then move into a controller position in industry. Ask me anything, man's 17 years old
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Are you good at Maths?
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Are you good at Maths?

Yeah
I got A* in GCSE, A at AS, will hopefully get A* at A level
But you don't need to be that good at maths to be an accountant, the spreadsheet does the calculations for you.
Reply 3
Original post by Make39kButNoHoes
So what are you gonna do if you don't make it?

because you probably won't.

Nah I will with the determination
If I don't get into any big4 then I'll go for the finance departments of ftse100 companies like unilever or gsk and move up the ranks while getting my qualification
same here, what unis are you going to apply to ?
Reply 5
Original post by yungggnike

I'm going to apply to UCL, Warwick, Bristol, and two others but for economics not accounting and finance. You learn accounting once you're at the big4 anyway. Around half of their trainees don't study accounting at uni.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
You're boring?
Reply 7
Original post by inhuman
You're boring?

Not quite sure what you're asking lolololololol
Will you please do this on any future dates?

*https://youtu.be/FvF12OkxKFU
Reply 9
Original post by Chwirkytheappleboy
Will you please do this on any future dates?

*https://youtu.be/FvF12OkxKFU

Lol
I'm surprised you don't want to be an investment banker like the rest of The Student Room. Why accountancy?
Good choice :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by grassntai
I'm surprised you don't want to be an investment banker like the rest of The Student Room. Why accountancy?

I don't want to work in that type of environment and the work doesn't interest me as much as accounting. I've done some work experience in an accounting firm and I enjoyed it. And I feel that my skills are best suited to accounting. Of course I might change track during my degree but as of now I'm interested in accounting, not banking.
What are your GCSEs like. I want to get a job in the finance sector but via a Matgs degree. I probably have the same desire as you
Reply 14
Original post by squish562
Not quite sure what you're asking lolololololol

Accountancy = boring.
I suggest you work on your speaking style then, a successful accountant should also have good grammar. no one wants to hire a guy who refers to himself as 'mans'
Original post by UWS
Are you good at Maths?

Some big 4 courses eg KPMG and PwC dont even need maths a lvl, just a B at GCSE :lol:

Original post by yungggnike
Same same here, Im going for Birmingham, Bath and Reading, what about you?

Man wants to get a degree, work in the big4 in audit, get the ACA then move into a controller position in industry. Ask me anything, man's 17 years old

I'm going to apply to UCL, Warwick, Bristol, and two others but for economics not accounting and finance. You learn accounting once you're at the big4 anyway. Around half of their trainees don't study accounting at uni.

Nice plan, Im going for accounting too but why not get the ICAEW and chartered status?

You can become a partner easier for the big 4 and it only takes one more year of studying and 3 more exam papers.

What are your predicted grades like?

Which of the big 4 do you like the most?
Original post by ForestShadow
Some big 4 courses eg KPMG and PwC dont even need maths a lvl, just a B at GCSE :lol:

Same same here, Im going for Birmingham, Bath and Reading, what about you?

Nice plan, Im going for accounting too but why not get the ICAEW and chartered status?

You can become a partner easier for the big 4 and it only takes one more year of studying and 3 more exam papers.

What are your predicted grades like?

Which of the big 4 do you like the most?

I'm going for durham , warwick , bath maybe leeds or cass or qmul not very sure, this summer i completed a 4 week placmnet with kpmg

Quick Reply

Latest