The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Opal Court anyone? {2016/17}

Hiya! :yeah:

I'm gonna be living in Opal Court from September to July and I was wondering if any of you has been allocated there as well!

I've read in some threads that Oadby is better and yada yada yada and even though I was kinda bummed at first, I ended up with a positive conclusion: in the end, what makes good memories is the company you have more than the social events that are organised. Or so I like to think, at least. :happy2:

p.s. :couchpotato:gotta love this sleepin potato
Original post by parseltranslator
Hiya! :yeah:

I'm gonna be living in Opal Court from September to July and I was wondering if any of you has been allocated there as well!

I've read in some threads that Oadby is better and yada yada yada and even though I was kinda bummed at first, I ended up with a positive conclusion: in the end, what makes good memories is the company you have more than the social events that are organised. Or so I like to think, at least. :happy2:

p.s. :couchpotato:gotta love this sleepin potato

Hi! I've also been allocated Opal court aswell. Well actually according to a lot of students on Twitter, city living is much more preferred than oadby. Even without me asking a lot of students also said Opal Court was the place to in terms accommodation.
What are you studying and what block will you be staying at?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by z.sayedi1
Hi! I've also been allocated Opal court aswell. Well actually according to a lot of students on Twitter, city living is much more preferred than oadby. Even without me asking a lot of students also said Opal Court was the place to in terms accommodation.
What are you studying and what block will you be staying at?

Really? Is there a group on Twitter or just people you know?I'm "officially" studying Translation, but I'm taking modules from American Studies and English (as I'm an Erasmus student). I don't know about the block... Where can I see it?
Really? Is there a group on Twitter or just people you know?I'm "officially" studying Translation, but I'm taking modules from American Studies and English (as I'm an Erasmus student). I don't know about the block... Where can I see it?

No there is no official group, just some tweets I saw from students after searching up opal court. Oh so what country are you from? You can check the room you've been allocated after you have paid the £250 to secure your room. Once you've done that you have access to two documents, one of which details your room specifics. What language will you be translating ?
No there is no official group, just some tweets I saw from students after searching up opal court. Oh so what country are you from? You can check the room you've been allocated after you have paid the £250 to secure your room. Once you've done that you have access to two documents, one of which details your room specifics. What language will you be translating ?

Oh, thank you so much! I'm in Block C, Sixth Floor!! What about you?
I'm from Spain and I'll be translating from Spanish to English and the other way around. I also translate from Arabic but in UoL only natives can take those modules ;_;
What are you studying, btw? Forgot to ask it before, sorry >_<
Oh, thank you so much! I'm in Block C, Sixth Floor!! What about you?
I'm from Spain and I'll be translating from Spanish to English and the other way around. I also translate from Arabic but in UoL only natives can take those modules ;_;
What are you studying, btw? Forgot to ask it before, sorry >_<

Oh that's so cool, where did you learn Arabic? I'm studying psychology
Oh that's so cool, where did you learn Arabic? I'm studying psychology

At my home university🙌 In Translation we have to study a new language, and Arabic filled that gap.
Wow, psychology 👀 And what block will you be at?
Hi!
I've also been allocated a room in Opal Court. :h: Mine is in Block C, third floor.
Original post by Moony&Prongs
Hi!
I've also been allocated a room in Opal Court. :h: Mine is in Block C, third floor.

Cool! What will you be studying ?
I am in block A 5th floor 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply