The Student Room Group

Are these AS grades really bad lol???

Hiya folks,

So I think I may have butchered my future!! Yay! I've been wanting to do law or journalism for a while now, but my AS results weren't fabulous..

English Lit and Language - B
Health and Social Care - C (Two B's and a U.. go me!)
History - D (Resitting the exam I failed)

Do you reckon these grades can be made into something reasonable? I'm genuinely quite worried lol, I'm not 100% sure how much AS results actually matter. I'm from Northern Ireland so our system is different to England atm, which makes me 100x more confused! Can someone who knows things please help a gal out :frown: xx
Original post by xoxo.
Hiya folks,

So I think I may have butchered my future!! Yay! I've been wanting to do law or journalism for a while now, but my AS results weren't fabulous..

English Lit and Language - B
Health and Social Care - C (Two B's and a U.. go me!)
History - D (Resitting the exam I failed)

Do you reckon these grades can be made into something reasonable? I'm genuinely quite worried lol, I'm not 100% sure how much AS results actually matter. I'm from Northern Ireland so our system is different to England atm, which makes me 100x more confused! Can someone who knows things please help a gal out :frown: xx

I got all E's for my AS results and resat all of them with my A2 exams, I ended up achieving AAC for chem,maths,geo (I'm retaking 3 in may/june). SO if I could it so can you
Reply 2
Since you're doing retakes you can probably get those grades up to BBB. For context, ABB will get you into Cardiff which according to the Guardian is the best uni in the UK for journalism. However I think for Law you'll need at least AAB.
Reply 3
Original post by Raizelcadres
I got all E's for my AS results and resat all of them with my A2 exams, I ended up achieving AAC for chem,maths,geo (I'm retaking 3 in may/june). SO if I could it so can you

oh wow, well done!!! my teachers preached all year that they'd never met anybody who resat and got a better grade and it's sort of knocked my confidence with all of the insisting they've done the past year that we will not survive if we have to do a resit on top of our A2s lol!
Reply 4
Original post by Pedr0
Since you're doing retakes you can probably get those grades up to BBB. For context, ABB will get you into Cardiff which according to the Guardian is the best uni in the UK for journalism. However I think for Law you'll need at least AAB.

ABB really?! I was looking at some university requirements and they were all saying stuff like AAB and AAA, I felt like screaming lol!
Reply 5
Original post by xoxo.
oh wow, well done!!! my teachers preached all year that they'd never met anybody who resat and got a better grade and it's sort of knocked my confidence with all of the insisting they've done the past year that we will not survive if we have to do a resit on top of our A2s lol!

Just wanted to say.. I left AS with BBCE and came out with AAA last Thursday in bio,Chem&Spanish - I just worked very hard though and forwent things like partying. This was whilst working 20 hours a week too, mind you. Good luck!
Original post by xoxo.

I think they're saying that so you can work hard. Make sure you work hard and question everything you learn, oh and a tip; print out a sheet which tells you what you content you need to know. To be honest this year was a little stressful as I had 16 exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending