The Student Room Group

A level choice is weird?

I want to take
-English Literature
-Art and design
-Business studies
-Psychology
But I have been told that its weird and make no sense to take those subjects. Im not sure what future career I want yet but I just like these subjects. Which subjects would fit in better or make more sense to take? I also wouldn't mind taking history or english lang?
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
I want to take
-English Literature
-Art and design
-Business studies
-Psychology
But I have been told that its weird and make no sense to take those subjects. Im not sure what future career I want yet but I just like these subjects. Which subjects would fit in better or make more sense to take? I also wouldn't mind taking history or english lang?

I would suggest history as it is a more respected subject compared to business. However if business is a subject you enjoy and will get a better grade in then stick to that. History and english are great choices for degrees such as law or an english degree itself. May i ask why you would like to take psychology? Most of my friends say that it is a very bland and difficult a level as it was more analytical. Almost every psychology degree does not require an a level in the subject, that said, it would help you decide if you are passionate about the subject and want to continue further.
The choice is ultimately up to you and by picking subjects you enjoy you will most likely find them easier to revise for. Hope this helps😀
Reply 2
I want to take
-English Literature
-Art and design
-Business studies
-Psychology

Not weird just a little bit soft
Maybe replace one of your choices with a science so you don't limit yourself on what you can study after alevels. But if thoes are the subjects you genuinely enjoy stick with them :smile:
Who cares what people think.

My original choices were French, psychology, textiles and health and social care. I got told it was weird but it doesn't matter. As long as you enjoy them, find them interesting and are somewhat useful to your future career it is fine
I want to take
-English Literature
-Art and design
-Business studies
-Psychology

Take what you think you'll enjoy the most. You're going to do better in a subject that you like learning about instead of a subject that you've taken ''just because''.
Reply 6
I want to take
-English Literature
-Art and design
-Business studies
-Psychology

I don't see how your choices are weird... English Literature and Psychology are both pretty big writing subjects, so they fit in well with eachother. Business studies serves as a nice backup choice, as it involves concepts like finance, business administration & management, ect, and Art & Design can serve as another backup if you're looking into something like architecture.
I want to take
-English Literature
-Art and design
-Business studies
-Psychology

History and lang are better if u want to go to uni
If you enjoy those subjects and would do well in them, take them!

Quick Reply

Latest