The Student Room Group

Is the content for Maths C1 relevant to C3, and then C2 relevant to C4?

As silly as the question sounds...
But is the content learnt in C1 relevant to the C3 module, and the content in C2 relevant to C4. I feel like if I need to learn a tonne of new material for Maths that my head will explode next year :frown:
C1 and C2 are both relevant to C3 and C4 collectively. They are not on terms of odd-to-odd, even-to-even module number basis if that's what you're asking.
In Edexcel you do trigonometry in C2 and you do more trigonometry in C3.
C1 and C4 have no trigonometry but you do use some C2/C3 trigonometry in integration and differentiation.
Thaaaaank you!! Any advice for someone about to start A2 Maths?
Original post by Philip-flop
Thaaaaank you!! Any advice for someone about to start A2 Maths?

Ensure you know you AS modules inside out, then you shouldn't have a hard time starting A2's. Throughout A2's ensure you understand everything. Ask someone else such as your teachers if you don't. Do loads of past papers.
Original post by Philip-flop
As silly as the question sounds...
But is the content learnt in C1 relevant to the C3 module, and the content in C2 relevant to C4. I feel like if I need to learn a tonne of new material for Maths that my head will explode next year :frown:

It's a chain that builds progressively. C1 depends on GCSE, C2 depends on C1 and GCSE, C3 depends on the prior and so on. C1 does not require C2 knowledge, but C2 assumes C1 knowledge. *

As a basic example, in C1, you learn how to differentiate, in C2, you learn how to apply that contextually, in C3, you learn how to differentiate a variety of functions and, in C4, you learn some more differentiation techniques.
Reply 6
As the others said C1 C2 C3 and C4 are a chain. C3 is sort of independent but they all require a bit of C1.
Original post by kingaaran
It's a chain that builds progressively. C1 depends on GCSE, C2 depends on C1 and GCSE, C3 depends on the prior and so on. C1 does not require C2 knowledge, but C2 assumes C1 knowledge. *

As a basic example, in C1, you learn how to differentiate, in C2, you learn how to apply that contextually, in C3, you learn how to differentiate a variety of functions and, in C4, you learn some more differentiation techniques.

Lol, that's a lot of differentiation ^_^
Original post by Chittesh14
Lol, that's a lot of differentiation ^_^

You think that's a lot of differentiation? Pfft... Integration seems to be a never-ending learning curve.
Original post by RDKGames
You think that's a lot of differentiation? Pfft... Integration seems to be a never-ending learning curve.

I'm learning a lot of modules like you as well, but I don't think I'll take extra modules, lucky me in a way. Mainly because I hate revising but that'll change over Year 12 lmao. I just need to do whatever modules I need to do and get good marks in them tbh lol, nothing else.

I'm scared now :'(

Quick Reply

Latest