The Student Room Group

Never done drugs

I was at a party and everyone was talking about the different drugs they have done and experiences, etc. I never realised how common it was as I have never done drugs, I go to parties and I drink but I have never even been asked if I wanted to try any? I have no interest in doing drugs at all but is it really uncommon for a 16 year old to have never done any drugs?

Scroll to see replies

Just realised alcohol is a drug but you know what I mean.
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
I was at a party and everyone was talking about the different drugs they have done and experiences, etc. I never realised how common it was as I have never done drugs, I go to parties and I drink but I have never even been asked if I wanted to try any? I have no interest in doing drugs at all but is it really uncommon for a 16 year old to have never done any drugs?

Have you drank? Tried a cig? Tea or coffee? Red bull / kix / monster drink?

Then yeh you've done drugs.

I think you're asking about illegal drugs right... To which I shall respond: I hadn't even tried a sip of beer at the age of 16, never mind anything illegal.

Get yourself new friends, read books, play fifa and COD, and stay in school like a normal 16 year old
Is this allowed under TSR guidelines?
Ugh children always thinking they're cool until someone ends up dead.

As the above poster said... Get new friends.
Have a Gold Star!
Reply 6
They're 16... By drugs they probably mean Calpol?
"You can't miss what you have never had" - Betelgeuse 1946-Present
at 16 years old i wouldn't say it's uncommon
once you start uni you'll be surrounded by way more drug use but in my experience "peer pressure" is a myth, i've never been pressured to do anything and if i say no to someone offering me drugs their response is just "alright cool"
Original post by Anonymous
Is this allowed under TSR guidelines?

why wouldn't it be?
Original post by UWS
They're 16... By drugs they probably mean Calpol?

You would think. It shocked me that they were talking about cocaine, lsd ,etc.

I'm 16 and am in exactly the same position - I have not done drugs or am interested in them. I don't think it is that uncommon for 16 year olds to have not done drugs and I largely believe people our age will make false claims to copycat the few people who have done them. However, I imagine a lot of 16 year olds will have done weed - a lot of my friends do it - but I'd be surprised if that many actually did cocaine, heroin etc.
Original post by DavMax15
I'm 16 and am in exactly the same position - I have not done drugs or am interested in them. I don't think it is that uncommon for 16 year olds to have not done drugs and I largely believe people our age will make false claims to copycat the few people who have done them. However, I imagine a lot of 16 year olds will have done weed - a lot of my friends do it - but I'd be surprised if that many actually did cocaine, heroin etc.
I'm 16 too, I've smoked weed, and i've done MDMA a couple times but nothing major, drugs aren't like a huge part of my life, it's just my curiosity for me i guess. I feel like the majority of 16 year olds who have done drugs, or at least the ones that I know, haven't done stuff like heroin or meth or anything like that, I know a couple people who have done coke, and the majority have just smoked weed and maybe popped pills, or done mandy.But like out of all the people i know that are our age, I'd say the majority haven't done drugs, it's not uncommon at all. I don't think it makes people any cooler either, I've only really ever done it out of curiosity about how it feels.
Like someone else said we only really start getting exposed to that stuff fully when we get to Uni, or for me, I'm going to a college not sixth form in September, and it's huge, and I know so many older friends of mine started getting into drugs then because of the big college parties and the freedom and all the exposure to more people our age and older we get by going to a college not a sixth form.
I've never done drugs either. never even been remotely tempted

**** what others think, we can do whatever the hell we want
You would think. It shocked me that they were talking about cocaine, lsd ,etc.

Trust me it's all so easy to get hold of, pair that with the fact that most 16 year olds are curious about drugs etc. Naive minds will try anything.
I'm 18, haven't and not intending to. Ever.
When I was 16 I was constantly raving so I had done a fair amount of drugs. Now at the age of 19 I've practically done everything under the sun. The conclusion that I have come to is simply that no one should be encouraged by any means to do drugs, but likewise people who use them sensibly should be respected. Do not feel out of place and do not go looking for them (won't end well) Cheers

At 16 it's pretty common not to have done drugs, it's mostly bullies and deviants that tend to do that sort of stuff in high school. It becomes a lot more common when you get to university but don't let the pressure force you do something you don't want to do
I'm 16 and I never have and never will :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending