The Student Room Group

Will the SJW movement grow larger and take over, or will it soon fizzle out?

I really find it quite difficult to predict. Will be interested to hear peoples responses.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When all White males are dead.
Original post by KingBradly
I really find it quite difficult to predict. Will be interested to hear peoples responses.

SJWs are taking a beating online and increasingly in the real world. Even tumblr is more anti sjw than sjw now. I think it will fizzle out after a few years.
Sadly, I fear it will get bigger. :frown:
Reply 4
What is SJW? I mean I get the typical idea of an SJW idiot saying things like "Don't say black, say African American", but what is it really?
The libertarians piss me off more than the SJWs so hopefully bigger. :banana2:
Original post by New_Frontiers
The libertarians piss me off more than the SJWs so hopefully bigger. :banana2:

Enjoy your thought police you statist.
hard to say..

Personally in people around me, I see it getting smaller and smaller..

But then again, I and those around me are getting older, so its easily explainable as us just growing up.

No idea about the younger generation, maybe its still strong with young crowds, or student crowds..
Original post by TercioOfParma
Enjoy your thought police you statist.

Lel white rednecks are endangered because they cannot say n*****.

Enjoy Donald Trump-esque shitlords and idiocracy you /pol/ ****ers.
Reply 9
Original post by oShahpo
What is SJW? I mean I get the typical idea of an SJW idiot saying things like "Don't say black, say African American", but what is it really?

Well, Wikipedia says this of them:
"Social justice warrior" (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual promoting socially progressive views; including feminism, civil rights, multiculturalism, [citation
needed] political correctness, and identity politics.

I think they generally believe in cultural Marxism in some form or another. Whereas Marxism recognises that we are divided by economic/social class, and that those of a certain class hold superiority and hence certain privileges over lower classes, cultural Marxism extends this notion to identity groups, claiming that those of certain races, genders, sexualities, etc. are in a similar manner subjugated by certain identity groups who hold privilege. They therefore aim to combat this subjugation, hence delivering "social justice".
edit: Well I suppose cultural marxism is not the best description for that as, speaking technically, that should only refer to the cultural element of identity politics. But you get my gist..
(edited 7 years ago)
It will all rest on whether Clinton or Trump get in and who wins between Corbyn and the Tories in 2020. If it's the latter then SJW-ism will fizzle out; if the former, it will thrive and become a stronger part of our law and culture.
Lel white rednecks are endangered because they cannot say n*****.

Enjoy Donald Trump-esque shitlords and idiocracy you /pol/ ****ers.

The wall just got 10 feet higher.
The wall just got 10 feet higher.

The wall is never going to be built. Donald Trump cannot even be consistent with his economics. He would bankrupt America; also, on a side note he is $650m in debt.

I know you're not going to watch this because oh no liberal propaganda but for other TSR users:

[video="youtube;vU8dCYocuyI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI[/video]

:toofunny:
(edited 7 years ago)
The wall is never going to be built. Donald Trump cannot even be consistent with his economics. He would bankrupt America; also, on a side note he is $500m in debt.

I know you're not going to watch this because oh no liberal propaganda but for other TSR users:

[video="youtube;vU8dCYocuyI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI[/video]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ah yes: liberal facts, conservative memes.

This is like Donald Trump and his 'sarcasm.' Aren't you supposed to make a beeping noise when you back up like that? :boing:
Ah yes: liberal facts, conservative memes.

This is like Donald Trump and his 'sarcasm.' Aren't you supposed to make a beeping noise when you back up like that? :boing:

I was memeing from the start, I back Gary Johnson, not Trump.
I was memeing from the start, I back Gary Johnson, not Trump.

Sounds like a sane, well-balanced candidate. 👌
Reply 17
Original post by oShahpo

It's mainly a movement of screeching, high pitched kids who play on being as offended as possible, and try to one up each other at being most adhering to their particular conception of "progressive" as possible. It's hard to identify in a way, but it's definitely a movement, because so many of these people look and sound the same. They wear certain styles, and they use very similar, very particular language, and they always argue and behave in a very similar way. Just look up "SJW compilation" or something of the sort on YouTube, or check out www.reddit.com/r/tumblrinaction and you will see exactly what I mean. They're not just leftists or whatever.
Reply 18
The wall is never going to be built. Donald Trump cannot even be consistent with his economics. He would bankrupt America; also, on a side note he is $500m in debt.

This isn't a thread bashing liberals. I don't think you really know is meant by "SJW". Most SJWs are about as liberal as Stalin, although they generally have too little idea of actual political concepts for that comparison to be relevant. An SJW wouldn't post up a video of a straight white "cis-gender" able-bodied well off man explaining something.
I think a lot of people view this sort of talk as "anti-equality" or "anti-whatever I think is right"; however personally I just see it as anti-whinging. Sadly, SJWs have turned away from fighting for seriously important issues and instead whine about stupid things that ultimately don't really matter, like whether or not air conditioning is sexist and then saying things like "male opinions on rape don't matter", or "white people's opinions on racism are invalid". It just comes across as moaning for the sake of moaning. My favourite example is when a group of "feminists" at a Swedish university tried to get urinals banned because they claim that men "triumph in their masculinity" when they pee standing up. Like c'mon, people are dying all over the world; there's still FGM and human sex trafficking going on and forced marriages and child prostitution and really the world should be focusing on serious issues such as these rather than having to deal with the whinging of people who feel mildly offended by trivial things. They are casting a huge smokescreen over real equality campaigners who are now stuck with the stigma attached to the social justice movement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending