The Student Room Group

A-level Latin

Has anyone done their a-level Latin, I'm starting year 12 in September, doing Latin as a 4th subject and would really like to know if it is worth it!
I just did AS Latin withOCR and Latin is by far my most favourite subject. It is suited for those who enjoy logic (for the grammar and Latin language part) and literary interest. You learn so much about culture during Roman times. Definitely worth doing and shows a variety of skills and competence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I completely agree with the above, Latin was one of my favourite AS subjects! It shows your ability to approach problems logically when translating, and for the literature it helps you to understand themes and hidden meanings in prose/verse and analyse what the author is trying to say through longer answer questions.
Reply 3
Original post by steamedyaoi
I just did AS Latin withOCR and Latin is by far my most favourite subject. It is suited for those who enjoy logic (for the grammar and Latin language part) and literary interest. You learn so much about culture during Roman times. Definitely worth doing and shows a variety of skills and competence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for replying, that's definitely reassuring!
Reply 4
Original post by steamedyaoi

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, very reassuring!

Quick Reply

Latest