The Student Room Group

Cheese's Chill out and Chat before GCSE results thread thingi-ma-jig

Scroll to see replies

When you wake up having slept not enough to not feel utterly dreadful, but too much to fall back to sleep
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
When you wake up having slept not enough to not feel utterly dreadful, but too much to fall back to sleep

ouch I know that feeling

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
ouch I know that feeling

Spoiler

There's also the "sleep so little you get a small burst of manic energy then massively crash later in the day" (perfect for exams)
There's also the "sleep so little you get a small burst of manic energy then massively crash later in the day" (perfect for exams)

oh yep! Had that in M1, in the end I resorted to drinking coke and eating haribos to stay awake (thats all they had of use in the vending machine near the venue :colonhash:)
oh BTEC

Spoiler

Yup, damn BTEC!

Spoiler

Original post by FireFreezer77
Yup, damn BTEC!

Spoiler

:erm:

wow! Good job! I'm sure you'll do just as well! I dont think they are freezer but I guess we'll find out? :tongue:
:smile: :hugs:
oh yep! Had that in M1, in the end I resorted to drinking coke and eating haribos to stay awake (thats all they had of use in the vending machine near the venue :colonhash:)

I had minimal sleep back in the day (well, only a year and a couple months ago, but whatever) for my back to back M1 and FP2, got two 100s lol
:lol: I remember u ssaw I remember :ssaw: I remember those hard times :colone:

:mmm:
Me too :lol:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I had minimal sleep back in the day (well, only a year and a couple months ago, but whatever) for my back to back M1 and FP2, got two 100s lol

On one of my mock days that I wanted to do well in for history I had not slept well, So I normally go to the local coffee shop and get a double espresso, But my friend said he wanted one, I could not afford 2 double so I asked for 2 singles and we would have one each.

The guy at the counter I know asked why and I told him and he was like ah ok.
I sat down and drank mine and my friend said he did not really feel like it. so i drunk his and effectively had a double and that was normal. as we were leaving the guy said I gave you both doubles as I am a good customer.

So i had drunk 4 espressos.

Walking to school I was like 500x more alert and I could see everything by the time we were in school I was in a different dimension and I knew everything.

My history teacher was picking on random people and he said to me
X can you tell us About Blah blah blah. My brain just tried to say everything I knew about it and all I kinda got was the basic stuff out and then said I do not know any more.

It was a crazy day and I even began to sweat coffee.
So like I'm half terrified for results and half just completely winning it all. I'm expecting to do worse than my mocks, but really, anything could happen… Right?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
:erm:

wow! Good job! I'm sure you'll do just as well! I dont think they are freezer but I guess we'll find out? :tongue:
:smile: :hugs:

Thanks! :smile: Well I hope so! That'd be ideal!
Yeah they are! Well I sure hope so!
:tongue:
:hugs:
Original post by Ellie2403
So like I'm half terrified for results and half just completely winning it all. I'm expecting to do worse than my mocks, but really, anything could happen… Right?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, in theory, yes, pretty much anything could happen, I suppose. Some people are better at predicting their results than others. It is a question of how sure you were of your answers, the region you think the grade boundaries will be in, your knowledge of how papers are marked, etc. Most people will have some idea of how they did. In general, those who achieve top grades under-predict themselves with alarming frequency (frankly, I struggle to believe that many of them are being objective sometimes).
woahhhhhh
thats cool :tongue:
lol3.jpg

This is GOLD :gigg:

Ahh Tumblr :heart:

omfg
I worked so hard self-teaching myself M1 because my teacher was useless, didnt sleep the night before

Spoiler

:toofunny: omg i literally peed myself laughing where do u get these fab things from
omg the scooby do one
omg
pls dont stop :rofl:

:wink:
Original post by Namita Gurung
This is GOLD :gigg:

Ahh Tumblr :heart:

Nammi zammi :hugs: ily ! Nice to see you here! Are you getting results as well? If so, you have found the correct place :mmm:Actually it's silver so :love:
Tumblr is amazing

Spoiler

Original post by FireFreezer77
Thanks! :smile: Well I hope so! That'd be ideal!
Yeah they are! Well I sure hope so!
:tongue:
:hugs:

:hugs: jus chill here m8 :smile:

Spoiler

omfg
I worked so hard self-teaching myself M1 because my teacher was useless, didnt sleep the night before

Spoiler

:toofunny: omg i literally peed myself laughing where do u get these fab things from
omg the scooby do one
omg
pls dont stop :rofl:

:wink:

:lol3:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest