The Student Room Group

Stress for a new year 10 student

Scroll to see replies

The uni entries might accept lower scores depending on application numbers etc... They might accept if you have one grade lower than needed, because you have one higher than needed etc... That's ages off yet though... You still have a levels to do! Do little bits of recap/revision after each lesson for about 5/10 minutes each night, and make study notes throughout the year....revise all subjects, not just the first weeks worth then panic about the next lot like I did. You'll be fine
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
The grades don't equate anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

what
Original post by Naomeyz_01
4 is a C not a D btw:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, that’s what my school was told :smile:
Original post by frankielogue
what

Oh, that’s what my school was told :smile:

It's like this (from aqa website)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471775817.724107.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
First of all, chill. It's okay. I've just finished my GCSEs so I'm not 100% sure what universities ask for when applying, but I've never heard from anyone that they've looked at GCSE results. It's A-Levels they care about. GCSEs are just a part of getting onto the A-Level courses you want, at the college or sixth form you want. That's what you should focus on. It's wonderful that you want to do well, but don't let it consume you because you will drive yourself insane. I too set myself really high expectations and it doesn't do me any good, in fact it makes the pressure far worse. Let your drive and determination allow you to work hard over the coming years, and you will be successful. But don't stress yourself out too much, and make time for yourself. Also, don't compare yourself to your friends, thats the worst possible thing you can do. Focus on yourself and your strengths, worry about your grades and nobody else's.
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
It's like this (from aqa website)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471775817.724107.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah but 9 is effectively an A** its like the top 5%

Quick Reply

Latest