The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Loling at the American guy celebrating his 2nd place for so long....only to get disqualified :biggrin:
beaten our medal tally from our home olympics?

How many times can that have happened? Crazy. Honestly thought we would drop away badly after the buzz of london wore off, but we have actually gone on to do even better..

race with china is surely over now, 2nd should be ours.
Reply 8142
Wtf.
Original post by Rk2k14
Wtf.

ufc 202? diaz won that fight lol
Reply 8144
Yh^

Close decision was always going to go McGregor's way. Amount of money they'll make for the 3rd fight will be unreal.
Original post by Rk2k14
Yh^

Close decision was always going to go McGregor's way. Amount of money they'll make for the 3rd fight will be unreal.

It ruins the sport though doesn't do him justice! They only did it because if Connor lost he would have probably retired from ufc completely or give up his belt/risk losing his large reputation in the ufc.

In the early rounds when Diaz took all them kicks i thought he was a goner though but damnnnnn he is one tough guy! Came back like no tomorrow :lol:
Avatar for me has to be the greatest cartoon ever..

Wife is re-watching it at the moment, and forgot how great it is..

It just has such a good solid adult story, with very serrious themes... but all wrapped up in a very kid-friendly stupid bundle.. Swear if you took away the stupid kid humour, but kept the plot-points/themes exactly the same, you could have a really solid adult drama.

100% on the list of things I want my future children to watch.. so many good lessons about coping with loss, moving forward, having balance in your life, respecting others, working together, and most of all redemption, that no one is one thing, and we have the ability to change.
Original post by trapking
It ruins the sport though doesn't do him justice! They only did it because if Connor lost he would have probably retired from ufc completely or give up his belt/risk losing his large reputation in the ufc.

In the early rounds when Diaz took all them kicks i thought he was a goner though but damnnnnn he is one tough guy! Came back like no tomorrow :lol:

absolute nonsense. it was close but Mcgregor did deserve to win. He was saved by the bell mind you.
Original post by Lúcio
Farah is absolutely phenomenal.

When I was growing up, whenever I watched athletics it used to just be the Africans who were unbeatable in long distance.
Now Britain are the unbeatable ones.

Technically Farah is African.

Anyone else see the hypocrisy of people saying they hate immigrants yet when an immigrant wins a gold medal for Britain they all cheer for him?
Original post by sr90

Anyone else see the hypocrisy of people saying they hate immigrants yet when an immigrant wins a gold medal for Britain they all cheer for him?

still hate them tbh
Original post by swirly
still hate them tbh

At least you're consistent in your views.
Original post by sr90

It is rediculous..

However, Mo branding himself 'Mo' Instead of 'Mohamaed' - is just marketting class.

Knowing how backwards some parts of britain are, I would put money on that if he went by his full name all the time, he would be considerably less popular s
Reply 8152
Original post by sr90

Secretly they're calling him a ****** anyway and wish a white british guy won instead but genetics init.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Secretly they're calling him a ****** anyway and wish a white british guy won instead but genetics init.

Not sure if trolling but yeah, you're right. Just like they wish the England team had more white players and white players always having more leniency for playing badly.
Reply 8154
Original post by James.Carnell
Not sure if trolling but yeah, you're right. Just like they wish the England team had more white players and white players always having more leniency for playing badly.

Pretty much. Like **** it people still think Rooney is England's best player when he's not the best AM, striker or CM.

It's not so bad now since people just realised the whole England team is terrible but look at the treatment Sterling got in the euros when Kane was every bit as terrible as him.

Absolute filth. She's got that resting ***** face which is hot. Bet you could never win an argument with her due to her looking like that when mad.

She's no Em Rata, however
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Pretty much. Like **** it people still think Rooney is England's best player.

It's not so bad now since people just realised the whole England team is terrible but look at the treatment Sterling got in the euros when Kane was every bit as terrible as him.

If Rooney was black he would have been benched years ago.

Sterling is playing beautiful football again and no one bats an eyelid, a truly mesmerising player. If Pep can see it why can't the media and England fans? It's funny.

He won England a penalty against Iceland even, and others were far worse with no one mentioning them individually like they did with Sterling. He's called all sorts, like lacking technical ability. Do you see his link up play with City , single handedly destroying Chelsea/Arsenal/Newcastle defences, his through pass to Rooney against Italy in WC 2014? He can be a great but people don't rate him lol. It is hilarious.
Put it this way, England play him as a winger. He is a player that can clearly destroy teams when running at them from the centre, that is the sign of great talent, not just headless chicken wing play that England play.

My favourite line of theirs : "Suarez made Sterling look good"... I'm like "Nahh you don't know football"

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by James.Carnell
If Rooney was black he would have been benched years ago.

Sterling is playing beautiful football again and no one bats an eyelid, a truly mesmerising player. If Pep can see it why can't the media and England fans? It's funny.

He won England a penalty against Iceland even, and others were far worse with no one mentioning them individually like they did with Sterling. He's called all sorts, like lacking technical ability. Do you see his link up play with City , single handedly destroying Chelsea/Arsenal/Newcastle defences, his through pass to Rooney against Italy in WC 2014? He can be a great but people don't rate him lol. It is hilarious.
Put it this way, England play him as a winger. He is a player that can clearly destroy teams when running at them from the centre, that is the sign of great talent, not just headless chicken wing play that England play.

My favourite line of theirs : "Suarez made Sterling look good"... I'm like "Nahh you don't know football"

When it comes to black people, its very much as F. Scott Fitzgerald would describe, 'Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy'.
How on earth do Sunderland manage to stay up every year. They are actually such a piss poor team.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Genuinely thought Sunderland went down last year. Saw Sunderland vs Middlesbrough team news all over twitter and wondered why a Championship game was getting so much attention.

Latest