The Student Room Group

Retake at uni or just leave it? Dunno mate

Ok so I got my results on thurs and felt mixed emotions. So I got AAD, the D was for maths- yeah I know it's bad! My insurance still accepted me though- Kent but Surrey decided to reject me- *******s
I'm really happy about going to Kent, but does anyone think it's worth retaking maths? The thing is I defo know I could've done a lot better than that. A bit confused, any point in a retake? I've heard a lot of stories where ppl are like 'omg employers don't even look at a levels' but then others are like they do 😐 So.....
Reply 1
Original post by geekykid25
Ok so I got my results on thurs and felt mixed emotions. So I got AAD, the D was for maths- yeah I know it's bad! My insurance still accepted me though- Kent but Surrey decided to reject me- *******s
I'm really happy about going to Kent, but does anyone think it's worth retaking maths? The thing is I defo know I could've done a lot better than that. A bit confused, any point in a retake? I've heard a lot of stories where ppl are like 'omg employers don't even look at a levels' but then others are like they do 😐 So.....

It really depends on what you want to do after uni, but you are right, some employers do have a look at a levels. The majority of the maths units are after the first year of uni, so in theory, you can study for them without having it affect your results too much.
Depends on what kind of degree you're doing, if it's maths related then I would say yes, but if not I would just leave it . I'm resitting my chemistry A2 exams at uni because I'm doing a biochemistry degree and I got C in chem and it wasn't far from a B grade . But you do have a lot of free time in first year and the exams don't count towards your actual degree, so if you really bothers you then just do it .
Reply 3
Original post by Korvax
It really depends on what you want to do after uni, but you are right, some employers do have a look at a levels. The majority of the maths units are after the first year of uni, so in theory, you can study for them without having it affect your results too much.

Yes your right, I think I might consider retaking. Thank you for the advice 😊
Reply 4
Original post by Peter Wilkinson
Depends on what kind of degree you're doing, if it's maths related then I would say yes, but if not I would just leave it . I'm resitting my chemistry A2 exams at uni because I'm doing a biochemistry degree and I got C in chem and it wasn't far from a B grade . But you do have a lot of free time in first year and the exams don't count towards your actual degree, so if you really bothers you then just do it .

I'm going to be doing a biomedical science degree, so I guess it may not matter as much? Oh kool, good luck with biochem 👍🏽 Yeah that's true, we do have a lot of free time in 1st year so I definitely could fit in some time to retake, thank you for the advice 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending