The Student Room Group

Can I apply to Oxbridge if I resit year 12?

I just got my AS results and I got BBCC. I was 2 marks off an A in psychology which I'm getting remarked and 5 ums off an A in Geography. Product Design and Maths were really hard so I just got a C in both. I wish I never took those subjects.

I want to study psychology at university. Do you think it's worth me resitting the year, and if I did, could I still apply to oxbridge for psychology?

I don't know the answer to this because it's not for medicine, and usually the answer is no for medicine applicants.

Prior, I did even consider going to Oxbridge but if I have the chance to resit, I would reconsider. Do you think I have a chance? I would aim to get at least 2 A's at AS-Level next year in Geography and Psychology and I think I can do it.

Am I right in resitting?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by Esekanayo_
I just got my AS results and I got BBCC. I was 2 marks off an A in psychology which I'm getting remarked and 5 ums off an A in Geography. Product Design and Maths were really hard so I just got a C in both. I wish I never took those subjects.

I want to study psychology at university. Do you think it's worth me resitting the year, and if I did, could I still apply to oxbridge for psychology?

I don't know the answer to this because it's not for medicine, and usually the answer is no for medicine applicants.

Prior, I did even consider going to Oxbridge but if I have the chance to resit, I would reconsider. Do you think I have a chance? I would aim to get at least 2 A's at AS-Level next year in Geography and Psychology and I think I can do it.

Am I right in resitting?

Thanks in advance.

For Cambridge you will need to be on target for A*AA for PBS. And they don't like to see a full year retaken unless you have extenuating circumstances. Resiting 1 or 2 modules, though, is fine.

Am I right in resitting?

Thanks in advance.

Oxbridge expect all A's for AS level, and for you to be predicted at least one A* for A level. In reality most of their applicant get more A*'s than this. If you feel you could have done better at AS then resit it, but unless you had extenuating circumstances this year and get all A's at AS next year it's unlikely you'd get an interview.
Reply 3
Could do
Reply 4
Original post by sindyscape62
Oxbridge expect all A's for AS level...

No they don't. But all Bs and Cs is a problem. Plenty of people get offers with AAB at AS-level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
For Cambridge you will need to be on target for A*AA for PBS. And they don't like to see a full year retaken unless you have extenuating circumstances. Resiting 1 or 2 modules, though, is fine.

See, I would consider resitting modules but my predicted grades for A2 would be the same regardless (AAB), and so I'm not so sure about doing that. Plus, I'n not 100% happy with one of the subjects I do at the moment.
:s-smilie:
Reply 6
See, I would consider resitting modules but my predicted grades for A2 would be the same regardless (AAB), and so I'm not so sure about doing that. Plus, I'n not 100% happy with one of the subjects I do at the moment.
:s-smilie:

Check with the Cambridge AT on Tuesday when their thread is re-opened
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4245718

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending