The Student Room Group

AQA AS Spanish Essay Questions Predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kisaisha
If you don't mind me asking, have you found it okay at A2, I'm really stuck right now as I think I got a D but don't really want to drop it? I mean I'm just really conflicted (and also I'm using the word 'really' too much)

Personally I think the a2 course is easier than the AS. You have a much stronger grasp of the Spanish language and the chance to do the cultural topics is much more interesting. I've gotten so much better at Spanish this year and I'm confident that I could come out with a B this year, though I definitely needed to resit the D from last year. Elements of the A2 course are really useful for the resit though- I don't know what your school's cultural topics are but we did Guillermo del Toro films, which helped me to strengthen my cinema vocab which helped in the AS resit.
Honestly, I really struggled at AS but I found A2 a lot more exciting and therefore easier to grasp. If you enjoy it I would suggest not dropping it. If you retake next year your grade is almost guaranteed to go up because your Spanish in general will be so much better. My biggest problem with AS was the grammar section, and I never got higher than 3/10 in a mock on question 9. This year, however, I think i got 8/9 in the resit, so it definitely shows how much A2 can help to strengthen the AS.
I really (i'm doing it too now :wink: ) hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask me :smile:
A bit late to the party but I resat my AS this year. Found the paper alright but a bit tough for AS. What essay did everyone do?
Original post by HazMusicPanda
A bit late to the party but I resat my AS this year. Found the paper alright but a bit tough for AS. What essay did everyone do?

Q12 - La influencia positiva y negativa en los jóvenes porque ya hemos escrito un ensayo muy similar a esto en la clase.
If last year the A grade boundary was 91/110 and it was a bit easier than this years paper. what do we think this years paper will be for an A? 89? 90? 88?
Hi everyone

Happy results day! How did Spanish go for you?

Congrats to everyone on finishing their exams - you did amazing for getting through them no matter what grade you got

If you need any advice on results, adjustment, clearing or uni go check out our Applications and UCAS forum

Spanish

Original post by Fox Corner
Hi everyone

Happy results day! How did Spanish go for you?

Congrats to everyone on finishing their exams - you did amazing for getting through them no matter what grade you got

If you need any advice on results, adjustment, clearing or uni go check out our Applications and UCAS forum

Spanish

Not happy with any of my results especially Spanish :frown: Got CDEEU with the D being in Spanish, some of you might think well a D's a pass but I'm absolutely gutted I got a* at GCSE and now a D resitting both speaking and written exam with some luck i'll be able to boost it up to do it at uni :frown:
Funny story. I freaked out and started crying in the middle of my Spanish oral exam and ended up with an A in that and a C in the other unit and a B overall. My teachers all predicted Cs and Ds even though I wanted AAAA I'm glad for my grade seeing my circumstances! For those who didnt get the grade they wanted, keep your head up!
C - which I'm happy with. My dad made me do Spanish and I really struggled so with extra tuition and resits, I managed to bring it to a C. That being said, that was perhaps one of the only results I was happy with today :/ :P
Reply 488
Original post by HazMusicPanda
C - which I'm happy with. My dad made me do Spanish and I really struggled so with extra tuition and resits, I managed to bring it to a C. That being said, that was perhaps one of the only results I was happy with today :/ :P

After my crappy essays I was sure that I would get a C, but here we are, with an high A and super happy!
I am sorry for those who didn't get what they wanted, I feel like sometimes it's only a stroke of luck
It was a challenging exam. Was quite dissapointed at my grade (a C). I got an A on my oral exam but a D in the written exam. I was 1 mark of a C in the paper but 6 marks from a B overall. Probably because it was my first of 3 exams in 18 hours :frown:

I feel that re-sitting the exam will probably be beneficial because in A2 you do seem to have more knowledge and understanding of the subject.

All the best for A2 everyone!
Original post by secretagent98
Not happy with any of my results especially Spanish :frown: Got CDEEU with the D being in Spanish, some of you might think well a D's a pass but I'm absolutely gutted I got a* at GCSE and now a D resitting both speaking and written exam with some luck i'll be able to boost it up to do it at uni :frown:

Im sorry to hear that a very similar thing happened to me. Good luck next time! :smile:
Original post by secretagent98

I did the exact same! Got a D this year and A* last year
Original post by the_malis
It was a challenging exam. Was quite dissapointed at my grade (a C). I got an A on my oral exam but a D in the written exam. I was 1 mark of a C in the paper but 6 marks from a B overall. Probably because it was my first of 3 exams in 18 hours :frown:

I feel that re-sitting the exam will probably be beneficial because in A2 you do seem to have more knowledge and understanding of the subject.

All the best for A2 everyone!

I'm resitting both exam and speaking because I think now I know what to expect I can be more prepared for it, although I am nervous just in case I mess up or do worse! I got a C in the oral freaked out big time and starting crying mid speaking (1 mark off a B) and only just got a D in the exam (which was quite challenging) and was 5 marks off a C overall but ended up with a D. Big shock to come out with A*s and full ums at gcse to a D at AS so defo got some hard work next year.
Original post by RainBear
I did the exact same! Got a D this year and A* last year

It's horrible isn't it, fair enough it was a very difficult exam, but I thought maybe a C or B at the most. On wards and upwards though, I know I can do it and ill prove that next year
does anyone know how many UMS you need in the AS exam in order to get an A* at A2???
Original post by maria101xo
does anyone know how many UMS you need in the AS exam in order to get an A* at A2???

You need an A overall as well as the 90% at A2, which is 320 UMS out of 400. So theoretically, if you got full UMS next year, you'd need 120 between the written paper and speaking at AS to just meet it.
Original post by tinkerbella~
You need an A overall as well as the 90% at A2, which is 320 UMS out of 400. So theoretically, if you got full UMS next year, you'd need 120 between the written paper and speaking at AS to just meet it.

i got an A in AS - 178 UMS
do you think I have a decent chance of an A* next year?
C happy with it as spanish was my worst subject first mock got an E lol.
Speaking-B
Exam-D
2 marks off a C in the exam so overall happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maria101xo
i got an A in AS - 178 UMS
do you think I have a decent chance of an A* next year?

Your AS results won't hold you back from getting an A*, but remember that languages are definitely one of the more difficult subjects to score highly in and you have all the native speakers etc taking the A-Level too. I got 180 at AS and came out with a mid A at A2.

Work hard and there's no reason why you can't get an A* though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending