The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by ninjass
For MORSE? were they in clearing/adjustment this year?

That's right.
Well I phoned and got a bit lucky lol
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by 420Ghost96
Was going through this thread til i saw your post about TLoU (one of my favourites) what other single player game do you play?

Loads of stuff. Big Nintendo fan - think pretty much anything they make is golden. I also enjoy pretty much anything on PS4 , some of my favourites being anything by Insomniac or Sucker Punch. I also pick up and play quite a few cheap Indies on Steam, though only anything that can run on my toaster of a laptop. How 'bout you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 122
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Nice, me too.

Snap!
Original post by leaf3
Snap!

??
Does anyone know how much the freshers pass and platinum pass were last yeae/will be this year?And do you guys think you'll get one?
Reply 125
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
Does anyone know how much the freshers pass and platinum pass were last yeae/will be this year?And do you guys think you'll get one?

What is a fresher pass and platinum pass?
Original post by Rkai01
What is a fresher pass and platinum pass?

look at the SU freshers site its on the right side
https://www.warwicksu.com/freshers2016/

from what i can tell a freshers pass gets you in to all freshers events and the platinum pass will last the year
Original post by The_Marve11
Loads of stuff. Big Nintendo fan - think pretty much anything they make is golden. I also enjoy pretty much anything on PS4 , some of my favourites being anything by Insomniac or Sucker Punch. I also pick up and play quite a few cheap Indies on Steam, though only anything that can run on my toaster of a laptop. How 'bout you?

Mostly a PS4 guy love playing open world single player games such Fallout, the Witcher 3 , MGSV (though I hated its ending), Dragon age Inquisition and Infamous etc . I like playing some fighting games such as Injustice (love Dc Comics) and Mortal Kombat. Other single player games I like are the Uncharted, the Arkham games and tLoU. Speaking of Sucker Punch have you seen th new PS4 Spider Man game their making , it looks incredible!.
Biochemistry, what you looking forward to most

I can't wait to study things that I love surrounded by likeminded people and to join some cool societies. You?
Original post by adynaton
I can't wait to study things that I love surrounded by likeminded people and to join some cool societies. You?

Sorry to butt in, but what societies are you planning on joining?

https://www.warwicksu.com/freshers/passes/freshers/
https://www.warwicksu.com/freshers/passes/platinum/

Here you should find all the infos about costs (from last year). I think I'll get one for sure although I don't know which one.
Original post by ryn_ptrs
Sorry to butt in, but what societies are you planning on joining?

No probs. PPE, tennis and skiing societies for sure, will probably try rowing as well. :smile:
https://www.warwicksu.com/freshers/passes/freshers/
https://www.warwicksu.com/freshers/passes/platinum/

Here you should find all the infos about costs (from last year). I think I'll get one for sure although I don't know which one.

Thanks a lot!!! I think i'll get the freshers one but im not sure about the platinum 200 quid seems a lot ...
No probs. PPE, tennis and skiing societies for sure, will probably try rowing as well. :smile:

Ah cool. Do you know if you need to have be a certain level for the sports societies or can you start with little to no experience?
Thanks a lot!!! I think i'll get the freshers one but im not sure about the platinum 200 quid seems a lot ...

No problem :smile: It is quite expensive but apparently it saves you some money too during the whole academic year so it might be worth considering... That being said, I think I'll go with the freshers one.
Original post by ryn_ptrs
Ah cool. Do you know if you need to have be a certain level for the sports societies or can you start with little to no experience?

I believe they all accept people with different degrees of experience and they also hold team tryouts at the beginning of term.
Mostly a PS4 guy love playing open world single player games such Fallout, the Witcher 3 , MGSV (though I hated its ending), Dragon age Inquisition and Infamous etc . I like playing some fighting games such as Injustice (love Dc Comics) and Mortal Kombat. Other single player games I like are the Uncharted, the Arkham games and tLoU. Speaking of Sucker Punch have you seen th new PS4 Spider Man game their making , it looks incredible!.

New Spidermaan is Insomniac, but yeah. Looking froward to it - fav studio making a game about my fav superhero, it's gotta be good.
Original post by The_Marve11
New Spidermaan is Insomniac, but yeah. Looking froward to it - fav studio making a game about my fav superhero, it's gotta be good.

Yh i meant insomniac lol , what course are you planning to study and what accommodation have you applied to?.
(edited 7 years ago)

Ah very much the same i'm also planning to tryour rowing (i'll probably flop but YOLO I guess) unis meant to tryout new things.
Sorry I am late to the party, I am studying Computer Science. Exciting times ahead :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending