The Student Room Group

Trump or Hillary

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TercioOfParma
At least he doesn't deliberately destabilise the middle east.

No he'd probably do that accidentally without meaning to. Arguably worse.

Either way, if we're going to start pointing fingers about the instability in the Middle East, I would remiss if I didn't point out that Bush, McCain, Graham and their lapdogs did far worse in the region than Obama and Hillary ever did.
Neither, but Trump is showing himself inept on the diplomacy front. Would you really wnat his finger on the nuclear button?
Cant say I was impressed when he was attacking the parents of that serviceman that died.
Original post by 999tigger
Neither, but Trump is showing himself inept on the diplomacy front. Would you really wnat his finger on the nuclear button?
Cant say I was impressed when he was attacking the parents of that serviceman that died.

Yeah he definitely went too far. IMO you can dismiss most of what he says as being used for effect but that was horrendous.
I get the impression he is just too auctocratic and dictatorial, thinks hes still on the apprentice and can just boss people about.
he should release his tax returns, it makes him look as though he is hiding things.
I am an enthusiastic Hillary supporter. She has the experience, depth, and courage to take on the toughest job in the world. She will work extremely hard and her positions can evolve in accordance with circumstances, a necessity for any politician, yet with integrity and a centrist orientation. To be sure, she has made mistakes, but the relentless attacks on her character are largely baseless.

Trump is nothing but a fraud, a cheap demagogue whose ego makes him completely unsuited to the role. He is a self-inflicted disaster for the republican party, but would be far worse for America and the world if he is elected. There is a reason his core supporters are uneducated bigots who believe autocratic anarchy is preferable to democratic institutions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fango_Jett
No he'd probably do that accidentally without meaning to. Arguably worse.

Either way, if we're going to start pointing fingers about the instability in the Middle East, I would remiss if I didn't point out that Bush, McCain, Graham and their lapdogs did far worse in the region than Obama and Hillary ever did.

Yes, what's your point? I'm not a republican.
Hilary. Bloody hell I want someone, sane, competent and informed running the most powerful country on the planet. Trump is either an idiot or terrifying unaware, as two-faced as any politician and a complete jackass.
Trump, for the lulz.

Spoiler

Reply 48
can't believe this is even up for debate. he doesn't believe in climate change, he wants to build a wall and wants the mexicans to be the ones to build it, he's ableist, he's a xenophobic prick, he is open about cheating on his wife, he's implied incest on a couple occasions. he also voiced his pride that scotland was "taking their country back" despite the fact that they voted majority remain. he's a mysoginist who insults other candidates' wives. he gets angry and lashes out at the slightest provocation. may i also repeat he doesn't believe in climate change.

voting for third party candidates, voting for neither, thinking bernie or bust - its toxic af and it'll only increase his chances of becoming president because there'll be less votes for hillary. can't believe hillary is considered the worse option of the two. she has a lot of flaws to, she appears to change her opinions a lot - but anything is better than trump?? i would rather see bugs bunny as US president than donald trump
Original post by Arima
can't believe this is even up for debate.

It's not really a debate because most people make these decisions not rationally but emotionally.

It's not like we're seriously assessing these two candidates on their platforms.
Reply 50
I dont dislike either of them but then agian they are both terrible. I would go for Hillary because even if she is the "the lesser of the two evils" she in my opinion is worse than Trump. I would only vote for her since Trump is being quite racist. If it were up to me i would feel the Bern!
Anyway i made a video on this on youtube so ill leave a link if you want to see it. I made it after Brexxit and i would appreciate it if you could leave a like and sub.:tongue:

The link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-cbSQR310
Original post by Fango_Jett
You mean the man who has a golden tower with his name emblazoned on it in huge letters, repeatedly bragged as to how rich he was, and displayed his wealth on twitter constantly was just being humble? My god, someone should nominate Rick Ross for philanthropist of the year at this rate.

Please, don't insult our intelligence by trying to present him as some kind of humble ascetic. He's an awful businessman who relied on daddy's money and connections, and would have had more success putting his inheritance in an S&P index fund.

If you think Trump acts and talks like a billionaire your on drugs. All that gaudy crap in their apt. was, I'm sure, put there by his wife.
Kim Jong Un
Reply 53
Original post by Arima
can't believe this is even up for debate. he doesn't believe in climate change, he wants to build a wall and wants the mexicans to be the ones to build it, he's ableist, he's a xenophobic prick, he is open about cheating on his wife, he's implied incest on a couple occasions. he also voiced his pride that scotland was "taking their country back" despite the fact that they voted majority remain. he's a mysoginist who insults other candidates' wives. he gets angry and lashes out at the slightest provocation. may i also repeat he doesn't believe in climate change.

voting for third party candidates, voting for neither, thinking bernie or bust - its toxic af and it'll only increase his chances of becoming president because there'll be less votes for hillary. can't believe hillary is considered the worse option of the two. she has a lot of flaws to, she appears to change her opinions a lot - but anything is better than trump?? i would rather see bugs bunny as US president than donald trump

Hilary wants a barrier on the Mexican border to stop illegal immigrants from Mexico trump wants a wall to do the same thing, how is one racist and the other not? Hilary's voting records show she actually voted for a wall.

Hilary is a homophobe who opposes gay marriage and supports destabilising the Middle East.

People say trump would start a war Hilary has been backing going to war throughout her career and laughing and the death and destruction she has caused.
Original post by Gwilym101
Hilary. Bloody hell I want someone, sane, competent and informed running the most powerful country on the planet. Trump is either an idiot or terrifying unaware, as two-faced as any politician and a complete jackass.

gary johnson
Reply 55
Original post by joecphillips
Hilary wants a barrier on the Mexican border to stop illegal immigrants from Mexico trump wants a wall to do the same thing, how is one racist and the other not? Hilary's voting records show she actually voted for a wall.

Hilary is a homophobe who opposes gay marriage and supports destabilising the Middle East.

People say trump would start a war Hilary has been backing going to war throughout her career and laughing and the death and destruction she has caused.

never said hillary was a *good* candidate. she's conceited and two-faced. she lies a lot. she's changing her opinions while her past is continuously dredged up. but imo, she's still the lesser of two evils. trump incites fear and prejudice left and right but at least hillary is civil and level-headed.
clinton any day

I'd have crooked/corrupt over downright crazy
Original post by alcibiade
I am an enthusiastic Hillary supporter. She has the experience, depth, and courage to take on the toughest job in the world. She will work extremely hard and her positions can evolve in accordance with circumstances, a necessity for any politician, yet with integrity and a centrist orientation. To be sure, she has made mistakes, but the relentless attacks on her character are largely baseless.

Trump is nothing but a fraud, a cheap demagogue whose ego makes him completely unsuited to the role. He is a self-inflicted disaster for the republican party, but would be far worse for America and the world if he is elected. There is a reason his core supporters are uneducated bigots who believe autocratic anarchy is preferable to democratic institutions.

How much did you get paid to write that?
Trump
Original post by The Sexathlete
How much did you get paid to write that?

I didn't get paid a thing. What I have done is invested a lifetime in political observation and I am confident I recognize demagogues and fools when I see them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending