The Student Room Group

London to Cambridge

Hello everyone. I would like to know if there is any chace to travel from London to Cambridge every single day for University.
The course I would like to take is Law. I know it sounds crazy but I really do not know if this is possible so please let me know :smile:
Original post by Adu14
Hello everyone. I would like to know if there is any chace to travel from London to Cambridge every single day for University.
The course I would like to take is Law. I know it sounds crazy but I really do not know if this is possible so please let me know :smile:

No it isn't. Cambridge has a rule than undergraduates must 'keep term' and live within 3 miles of the city centre for a certain number of weeks in the year (based around term dates). You can't commute.
Original post by Adu14

You will exhaust yourself, plus I think it's a rule at Cambridge that students must live on Campus during term time. Can I ask why you want to commute such a distance?
Of course it's possible, but it would amount to a huge cost and hinder your intimate college experience.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
You will exhaust yourself. Can I ask why you want to commute such a distance?

To be fair it's really not that far. Less than an hour on the train.
Reply 5
Original post by Pinkberry_y
You will exhaust yourself, plus I think it's a rule at Cambridge that students must live on Campus during term time. Can I ask why you want to commute such a distance?

I moved to London 2 years ago and I do not want to move again.
Original post by Adu14

Tough quite frankly, you will have to. As another poster said, at Cambridge you have to "keep term", and live within a certain distance, if not at the Uni.

If you don't want to move, say goodbye to Cambridge and go to uni in London, and so you can stay in your little M25 bubble.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alcibiade
Of course it's possible, but it would amount to a huge cost and hinder your intimate college experience.

You're not allowed. :wink:
Original post by Adu14

It's not a matter of if you can cope or not. You are not allowed.
Becoming a member of a college and live within a certain distance from the university /college during the term is one of the fundamental conditions to study at Cambridge, I'm afraid.

http://www.cambridgestudents.cam.ac.uk/new-students/manage-your-student-information/personal-information/residing-outside-universitys
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Thank you for your answers !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending