The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Freshers 2016 ^^

Scroll to see replies

Is no one in the business department? What kind of societies are you all looking at?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 181
might sound like a silly question but if your living outside of the campus, then would you still be able to go to freshers events or is that just for different halls?:s-smilie:
is anybody on here looking to do accommodation swap on Monday? one of the things i do as a relaxing hobby is cooking and i am pretty devastated that i have been allocated catered accommodation as i wont be able to cook as i would wish. Basically i would be happy with anything self catered, obviously my preferences of accommodation have gone out the window as i cant be picky in this situation. Anyone who can help, please contact me.
BTW i have contacted the accommodation phone line on a number of occasions and they could not help with my situation.
Original post by ninseypritch
is anybody on here looking to do accommodation swap on Monday? one of the things i do as a relaxing hobby is cooking and i am pretty devastated that i have been allocated catered accommodation as i wont be able to cook as i would wish. Basically i would be happy with anything self catered, obviously my preferences of accommodation have gone out the window as i cant be picky in this situation. Anyone who can help, please contact me.
BTW i have contacted the accommodation phone line on a number of occasions and they could not help with my situation.

I had a similar experience with accommodation but not as extreme in the en-suite region of things, it all happened so fast and i kinda panicked. Still im really looking forward to starting. Hope everything works out in the end :smile:
When do we find out our flat numbers and blocks?? Im looking forward to meeting my flatmates
Original post by Abu.h
might sound like a silly question but if your living outside of the campus, then would you still be able to go to freshers events or is that just for different halls?:s-smilie:

From what I understand, anyone can take part though I'm not too sure. sorry
Hi everybody, so glad to see this thread is still going strong :smile:

So what's everyone studying and what halls are people staying in?

aaaaaand a huge well done on results!!
Economics and Rigg-rut xD
Computer science, William Morris
Original post by Magicalgeofray
Computer science, William Morris

William Morris too ^^
Original post by sharonolukoga
William Morris too ^^

yes boii :smile:
Original post by Penguinfarts
Economics and Rigg-rut xD

Me too! Economics and Management :biggrin:
Financial Mathematics and Harry French
Original post by Abu.h

Hey Abu.h

Don't worry, you can absolutely still get involved in Freshers Week if you're not living in halls. You'll have access to all of the events using your student card anyway but you can also apply for affiliation. This basically means you'll be an honorary member of a hall and so will be invited to all of their socials and events...

Hope this sets your mind at rest - let us know if you have any other questions :smile:

We look forward to welcoming you very soon!

Teresa
Original post by Surfchick97
Im a deferred student and start in September and can't wait!! I was wondering when I will be receiving information about my course timetable and books I need. I am studying Politics with a minor 4 year course but I haven't found anyone else doing my course.

Hi Surfchick97

Great news - we look forward to your arrival next month :biggrin:

I've just checked with the department and this is likely to be around mid-September time. The lady who is in charge of this for your course is called Debbie - you can call her on 01509 222978 or email her for more information :smile:See you in September!

Amy
Original post by ninseypritch

Hey ninseypritch

I've replied to your comment here :smile:

Amy
So I'm living off campus and would like to affiliate to a hall to get the student experience without having to stay but I can't decide, which hall would be the best to join?! I will be a business student if that helps.
Im unsure as to whether or not I should buy a gold or platinum membership, whats everyone else thinking?
Original post by AntLoveitt96
Im unsure as to whether or not I should buy a gold or platinum membership, whats everyone else thinking?

I am not bothering with either as I don't expect myself to go out that many times xD I'd rather stay in on TSR.
Original post by Penguinfarts
I am not bothering with either as I don't expect myself to go out that many times xD I'd rather stay in on TSR.

Yeah Im unlikely to go out much but just don't want to missout if all my flatmates have got them you know. What halls are you staying in btw?

Quick Reply

Latest