The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lostperson
how did you score? This section is the 1000 inc book is soooooo hard.

In the real thing I only got 610 which was annoying but I had been getting 750 on practice tests. I got 700 in the AR and 830 in the QR with a band 1 in SJ
Original post by erinls2
In the real thing I only got 610 which was annoying but I had been getting 750 on practice tests. I got 700 in the AR and 830 in the QR with a band 1 in SJ

awesome score..well done :smile: I'm fining VR terrible!
Original post by Lostperson
awesome score..well done :smile: I'm fining VR terrible!

Thank you :smile: yeah it's horrific, but don't worry too much because it is usually everyone's lowest scoring section, and the average last year was around 570 - it really is tricky, just do your best :smile:
Anybody have any advice on AR ? Lowest score when I sat last year, 570. Most of them were just lucky guesses when the time started getting tight.*
Does anyone know how representative the MEDIFY questions are of the real UKCAT?

The AR questions are surprisingly simple, even for me (and I suck at AR)
Original post by HiraMunawar
Does anyone know how representative the MEDIFY questions are of the real UKCAT?

The AR questions are surprisingly simple, even for me (and I suck at AR)

The AR was fairly similar I found, the quant in the real thing was easier in my opinion, verbal a bit harder
Hello, anyone that has done the test how does VR compare with the official mocks and practice questions as well as medify?
oh my looord i really hope the QR isn't as difficult as the QR in official mock A! i got 11/36 :frown:
Original post by Kings_queens
Did mine today for 710 average
VR: 630
QR: 710
AR: 790
SJT: 2
So happy:smile:
I used Kaplan and medify - they really do work!

Which resource would you say is most representative for AR, because I'm getting 700s for AR in Medify and Kaplan but I don't know whether the questions are too easy. Also, what scores were you getting in your Kaplan mocks?
Original post by newera
oh my looord i really hope the QR isn't as difficult as the QR in official mock A! i got 11/36 :frown:

what did you get for VR and AR? I got 450 in qr lol.
Original post by Pra99
what did you get for VR and AR? I got 450 in qr lol.

i got 700 in VR and 600 in AR, my worst mock result so far and i'm doing the exam on tuesday.... :/
Original post by newera

Don't worry. I got 6/36 in the mock and then 850 in the real thing
Original post by newera
i got 700 in VR and 600 in AR, my worst mock result so far and i'm doing the exam on tuesday.... :/

If it's any reassurnace, I did much better on the qr in the real thing than in the mocks (between 570 and 670 in the mocks, 830 on the day)
Original post by newera

Mines on Tuesday as well! I got 700vr and 730ar. A lot of people are saying the vr in the exam is similar to the vr in the official mocks, which is good I guess. And yeah, it was my worst mock result too.
Please tell me AR is easier in the real thing than the official mocks or Kaplan.
Has anyone tried medic portal? Is it any good?
Original post by erinls2
The AR was fairly similar I found, the quant in the real thing was easier in my opinion, verbal a bit harder

Ah thanks, that's reassuring; my strongest is always verbal so that's okay :h: last year i got 550 on AR and QR, dreading it now
Original post by HiraMunawar
Ah thanks, that's reassuring; my strongest is always verbal so that's okay :h: last year i got 550 on AR and QR, dreading it now

Yeah but don't just neglect verbal - that was my mistake! Was getting up to 750 in practice sessions but only got 610 on the day! Averaged at 713 though so it was ok in the end XD
VR is killing me:frown:

Is it possible to get a good mark whilst you run out of time 3/4 of the way through?
Original post by newera

lol don't worry I only got 6/36 in that one!
I just cannot do QR!
Which sucks cuz I am am doing maths and further maths A levels and have never really had a problem with either...

Is anyone going to have a good go at decision making or just skip through it? I want to have a go,but don't want to tire myself out either...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending