The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twhiddy
My friends want to open them together as a group but no way am I doing that haha! I know, apparently they give you small looks at the door (indicating they know your grades) which sounds scary :gasp:

Yes that's true. I had a results day last year as well for the early gcses I took and all my teachers knew my grades. It'll be a boost of confidence for you if your grades are good but if not then it'll be very scary :s-smilie:
Original post by lucy Jane.f
not too sure if this is correct ,but ive been told that school receive the results on the 24th, but only certiain teachers can see them

They are sent to the teachers the night before and for my school only the subject teacher can see your grade for that specific subject
Original post by Rosy-Smith18
Did anyone do AQA geography A?

Me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chloechurcher
I did, how'd you find the papers?

They were okayish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucy Jane.f
not too sure if this is correct ,but ive been told that school receive the results on the 24th, but only certain teachers can see them

Yes, the headteacher and the exams officer I think, so they can sort out all of the statistics :smile:. That's what occurs in my school, anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, the headteacher and the exams officer apparently, so they can sort out all of the statistics :smile:

I really wish we could just get it on email, I hate all this collecting letters and opening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2406
Yes, the headteacher and the exams officer apparently, so they can sort out all of the statistics :smile:

I don't want to look at the teachers' faces on results day, it'll give the game away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't suppose anyone can take a guess at what the grade boundary will be for a C in maths. Edexcel maths (combined total) I'm thinking about 65 like last year that's the highest it's been cant believe they would put it any higher??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Im_trying
I really wish we could just get it on email, I hate all this collecting letters and opening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At my school you can contact them to arrange your results to either be emailed or delivered to your house. Contact your school and see if you can do the same?
Original post by Mlb37
I don't want to look at the teachers' faces on results day, it'll give the game away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Some teachers at my school are bound to give a dirty look if students haven't done well in their class!
Original post by Rosy-Smith18
Some of the 8 mark questions were really odd, but okay. I liked the second paper better. How did you find them?

I preferred the second paper also! Although as a whole both papers were okay, I think I've done pretty decent :smile:.
im so worried
Don't suppose anyone can take a guess at what the grade boundary will be for a C in maths. Edexcel maths (combined total) I'm thinking about 65 like last year that's the highest it's been cant believe they would put it any higher??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive read on threads and earlier on in this one that the GB for a C should stay the same as last years or either go up/down a mark. They're only people's predictions so don't shoot the messenger 😂
At my school you can contact them to arrange your results to either be emailed or delivered to your house. Contact your school and see if you can do the same?

No my school told me that they need a signed note from me saying I have collected them, let's just get it over and done with I hate waiting for things like this haha :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aztecqueen
im so worried

So am I, especially maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
To everybody who is worried, don't. My dad got straight Ds and he is now a full-time alcoholic.

Spoiler

Original post by TercioOfParma
To everybody who is worried, don't. My dad got straight Ds and he is now a full-time alcoholic.

Spoiler

Awrrrr that made me feel so much better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, kinda nervous, I know im being a bit ambitious but:

What I think I got:

Maths: A
English Literature: A
English Language: B
Chemistry: B/A
Physics: B/A
Biology: B/C
Drama: A
French: C/B
History: A
RE: A

What I want:

Maths: A*
English Literature: A*
English Language: A
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Biology: A
Drama: A
French: A
History: A*
RE: A*

What I got:
So am I, especially maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

im hopeless at maths and i need to get a B to get into standard level maths for IB id be lucky to even scrap a C i was honestly so lost in the exam
plus I'm pretty sure i screwed up the second paper for english
Ive read on threads and earlier on in this one that the GB for a C should stay the same as last years or either go up/down a mark. They're only people's predictions so don't shoot the messenger 😂

Thanks XD I want them to go down to 10 - 5 on each paper. I think I would stand a better chance then ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest