The Student Room Group

Suicide bombing in Turkey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37146531

30 people have been killed and dozens more injured in a suicide bombing at a wedding in Turkey, Erdogan thinks IS are likely responsible.
I'd say this once again shows why we should be supporting the Kurds against ISIS. The only real issue is that the Kurds & the Turkish government don't exactly get along.
Erdogan supports and probably partly funds ISIS, therefore when he says its ISIS that's responsible, it's basically him carrying on with his backwards vendetta against the Kurds
Original post by alevelstresss

30 people have been killed and dozens more injured in a suicide bombing at a wedding in Turkey, Erdogan thinks IS are likely responsible.

Surprised you'd even draw attention to this, we all know how much you love Islamism.
Original post by KingBradly
Surprised you'd even draw attention to this, we all know how much you love Islamism.

I detest all religion, but I also have the capacity to realise that religion did not cause this. Almost all terrorist attacks in history have been done for political means, given the situation in Turkey, I don't see why this would be any different.
Remove kebab
5/6 years
This world is such a mess😣
I detest all religion, but I also have the capacity to realise that religion did not cause this. Almost all terrorist attacks in history have been done for political means, given the situation in Turkey, I don't see why this would be any different.

Ah I see, so politics and religion are completely seperate, and its always entirely political when people commit terrorist attacks, even when they scream "God is great" before doing so, and belong to a group named after their religion.

Wasn't the bomber meant to be a 12-14 year old too? Such a tragic waste of life by all accounts
Ah I see, so politics and religion are completely seperate, and its always entirely political when people commit terrorist attacks, even when they scream "God is great" before doing so, and belong to a group named after their religion.

Do you think its a coincidence that virtually all terrorist attacks have political ties?

Bataclan attackers - wanted airstrikes stopped / revenge for airstrikes
Kouachi brothers - wanted to punish a satirical newspaper
Amedy Coulibaly - wanted to save the Kouachi brothers mid-siege
Tunisia beach attacker - radicalised during the Tunisian conflict
Virtually all Turkey attacks by ISIS and the PKK are opposed in some way to Turkey's involvement
Man Haron Monis - was 'tortured' and radicalised by state oppression, and probably wanted to evade sexual harassment court charges

Note how they never 'want to help Islam' in their attacks. As Medhi Hasan said in one of his speeches, political unrest brings about terrorism - and not a heart-filled desire to help Islam.

If you think an irreligious murderer saying "God is great" before they die means that Islam is the problem, then you're an incredibly ignorant buffoon.
Reply 11
Yup. The fact that the main culprit explicitly states that its aim is the spread of violent jihad as prescribed in the Quran and sunnah, and that even a complete cessation of the War on Terror would not stop the attacks because their goal is theological, not political, their actions are actually entirely political. And caused by something that happened after the start of Islamist extremist attacks.
People just need to be able to think in a very special way in order to understand it.
Reply 12
Depends what you believe really...
So let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. And he who fights in the cause of Allah and is killed or achieves victory - We will bestow upon him a great reward. - Quran 4:74 (and several others similar)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Do you think its a coincidence that virtually all terrorist attacks have political ties?

Bataclan attackers - wanted airstrikes stopped / revenge for airstrikes
Kouachi brothers - wanted to punish a satirical newspaper
Amedy Coulibaly - wanted to save the Kouachi brothers mid-siege
Tunisia beach attacker - radicalised during the Tunisian conflict
Virtually all Turkey attacks by ISIS and the PKK are opposed in some way to Turkey's involvement
Man Haron Monis - was 'tortured' and radicalised by state oppression, and probably wanted to evade sexual harassment court charges

Note how they never 'want to help Islam' in their attacks. As Medhi Hasan said in one of his speeches, political unrest brings about terrorism - and not a heart-filled desire to help Islam.

If you think an irreligious murderer saying "God is great" before they die means that Islam is the problem, then you're an incredibly ignorant buffoon.
I'll ask the same questions again, the ones that you keep avoiding...

Why all the Islamist terrorism before military intervention in the ME?
And why all the educated, comfortable Muslims from western countries committing attacks or joining ISIS?
And why is there not a similar incidence of "political" terrorism from all other groups aroung the world who feel aggrieved or persecuted?
Why, whichever way you look at it, is there always the one common, explicit factor?
And why are you so desperate to defend it?

Your silence has been deafening for days now.
According to reports, the bomber was a 12-14-year-old kid.

#ReligionofPieces
Original post by Dodgypirate
According to reports, the bomber was a 12-14-year-old kid.

#ReligionofPieces

religion did not motivate this to happen
religion did not motivate this to happen

Original post by Dodgypirate

Throw a childish GIF all you want, but if islamic state did this, it was because of Turkey's stance towards the unrest in the Middle East and not a heart-filled desire to save Islam
It's sad that attacks are becoming daily :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending