The Student Room Group

y11 english speaking

i have to do an english speaking for 4 minutes in 6 weeks. i have no idea what to talk about. i want it to be a less popular but interesting topic. can you help me please?
Original post by chloegavin
i have to do an english speaking for 4 minutes in 6 weeks. i have no idea what to talk about. i want it to be a less popular but interesting topic. can you help me please?

Just do something you're interested in, and make sure it looks at both sides of the argument.
Reply 2
Original post by danielwinstanley
Just do something you're interested in, and make sure it looks at both sides of the argument.

thanks daniel, but,
it has to be a controversial topic. im just really stuck on ideas.
Original post by chloegavin
thanks daniel, but,
it has to be a controversial topic. im just really stuck on ideas.

I did genetic modification. You could do feminism, equality, capital punishment, drink driving, EU referendum,
Mine was about the objectification of women & rape culture which was interesting for me to research. Just make sure it's something you're comfortable talking about, because I know some wouldn't be comfortable talking about rape infront of their teachers. The EU referendum is a good idea as someone said above
Reply 5
I did smoking should be outlawed and was one of the chosen few to be recorded but a lot of people in my class and school did capital punishment which is fairly straightforward.
Reply 6
Original post by danielwinstanley
I did genetic modification. You could do feminism, equality, capital punishment, drink driving, EU referendum,

Thanks for the help! it really gave me an idea of what i want to do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest