The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm getting so nervous now. All my friends don't seem to care they're all like "Oh well lol idc if i fail i fail it won't affect me" (actual words :colonhash:) and I'm just like How? How do you not feel scared? How can you just go "Oh well" and just flick it off your shoulder? They didn't really revise to the last minute anyway so what can I expect?
Did anyone do Edexcel Statistics?
Original post by Rosy-Smith18
Some of the 8 mark questions were really odd, but okay. I liked the second paper better. How did you find them?

All I remember from them is that they were odd.
And a lot of people got confused over the correct case studies to use.

I think I preferred the 1st paper better but everyone in my class (and apparently school) seems to prefer Physical to human.

What grade are you hoping for?
Original post by salex413
Did anyone do Edexcel Statistics?

I did it in Year 10 (last year).
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
All I remember from them is that they were odd.
And a lot of people got confused over the correct case studies to use.

I think I preferred the 1st paper better but everyone in my class (and apparently school) seems to prefer Physical to human.

What grade are you hoping for?

There was a huge debate as to whether the case study for the tourism topic was Ecotourism or Mass tourism, i.e. Kenya or Tartaquara lodge (or something similar). I think as long as you wrote about an area in the tropics and you answered the question, you should be ok. P.S. if people don't already know: Kenya IS in the tropics as is MOST of brazil therefore both SHOULD be acceptable (Kenya + Tartaquara lodge).
Original post by aztecqueen
im hopeless at maths and i need to get a B to get into standard level maths for IB id be lucky to even scrap a C i was honestly so lost in the exam
plus I'm pretty sure i screwed up the second paper for english

Ah noooo, you will do fine, I bet you will be surprised you will get the B! And I found the second English on hard as well but I'm sure you will do fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Im_trying;67110544]Don't suppose anyone can take a guess at what the grade boundary will be for a C in maths. Edexcel maths (combined total) I'm thinking about 65 like last year that's the highest it's been cant believe they would put it any higher??

Posted from TSR Mobile

For some reason 59-62 comes into my head for a C and 97-99 for a B
Original post by Im_trying
Ah noooo, you will do fine, I bet you will be surprised you will get the B! And I found the second English on hard as well but I'm sure you will do fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many marks do you reckon you got in each paper
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
I did it in Year 10 (last year).

Our school does it in Year 9..
Original post by Thelabtatpast
For some reason 59-62 comes into my head for a C and 97-99 for a B

For edexcel maths?? But that's so low! I feel like 100 is acceptable for a C haha.. That's 50%
Original post by Drewwww
For edexcel maths?? But that's so low! I feel like 100 is acceptable for a C haha.. That's 50%

The highest it has ever been for a C is 65/200 and 101/200 for a B
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
There was a huge debate as to whether the case study for the tourism topic was Ecotourism or Mass tourism, i.e. Kenya or Tartaquara lodge (or something similar). I think as long as you wrote about an area in the tropics and you answered the question, you should be ok. P.S. if people don't already know: Kenya IS in the tropics as is MOST of brazil therefore both SHOULD be acceptable (Kenya + Tartaquara lodge).

I know, we went on a hunt for my geography teacher after the exam to check.
I did the Ecotourism one (I feel like I didn't revise Kenya,). ~
Everyone had one or the other apart from one person (I can't remember what he put, but it was really really evidently wrong).
Original post by Thelabtatpast
The highest it has ever been for a C is 65/200 and 101/200 for a B

Woah!! Any idea for what it is for A*?
This was kind of reassuring (like the stuff on retaking an exam, and all the different options available) :redface:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/heres-gcse-results-day-2016-8550664
Original post by Drewwww
Woah!! Any idea for what it is for A*?

Anything really from 155-173
Reply 2435
Original post by chloechurcher
Me too! Some teachers at my school are bound to give a dirty look if students haven't done well in their class!

Yeah that's the downside to them knowing before us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sulaimanali
Yup :smile:

What topics did you do? And are you more excited about P1 or P2? (P2 for me, I struggled in a few questions in P1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know, I'm so ****ing dreading this, I'm gettting mine sent home so I have no idea if it will come on Thursday? I feel like I failed my Maths exam because Paper 1 was sooo hard :frown:
Original post by Starlight15
But it is isn't it? It's coming soon very very soon
Original post by dexterminate
What topics did you do? And are you more excited about P1 or P2? (P2 for me, I struggled in a few questions in P1)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to butt in, but is this Physics Edexcel you're talking about? :smile:
who even enjoys waiting for results day, I'm finding it hard not to bite my nails because the last time I did that they bled, what shall I do to take my mind off it.....hmmmmm....watch American Horror Story....... or start my A-level summer h/w.....its got to be American Horror Story!!! :smile:

Latest