The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
One of the points of my original post was that you're a massive hypocrite when it comes to complaining about "not backing up a point".

Another point is that Muslims suffer from religious discrimination by the millions as well, so singling out Islam is a little bit one-sided.

Where's that statistic to prove that they're discriminated by millions? I want a stat to prove this or I'm going to assume you're just talking BS.

I find it extremely hard to take you seriously since you think Muslims having backwards views is a perfectly ok thing. Why don't you live in a Muslim country if you're such a fangirl?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Where's that statistic to prove that they're discriminated by millions? I want a stat to prove this or I'm going to assume you're just talking BS.

I find it extremely hard to take you seriously since you think Muslims having backwards views is a perfectly ok thing. Why don't you live in a Muslim country if you're such a fangirl?

read my post and watch the video before getting all salty, the description clearly indicates the persecution of millions of Muslims

and no, its not a perfectly OK thing, although the problem of 'holding backwards views' is pretty ambiguous, crying about Islam every single day and constantly attributing all Muslims with the actions/intentions of terrorists is simply a part of the problem.
(edited 7 years ago)
read my post and watch the video before getting all salty, the description clearly indicates the persecution of millions of Muslims

and no, its not a perfectly OK thing, although the problem of 'holding backwards views' is pretty ambiguous, crying about Islam every single day and constantly attributing all Muslims with the actions/intentions of terrorists is simply a part of the problem.

I want stats. Can you provide them or not?

I've seen @inhuman trying to explain to you that people are against the ideology, not the people. But that doesn't seem to register in your head.

I've seen @inhuman trying to explain to you that people are against the ideology, not the people. But that doesn't seem to register in your head.

"Nicholas Kristof travels to Myanmar, where the Buddhist majority confines a million Muslims to camps and villages deprived of jobs, schools, doctors and even life itself. Why is the world silent?"

A minimum of one million Muslims are suffering from Buddhist persecution in 'concentration-camp' style areas. There is your statistic.
if this doesn't satisfy you, give this link a read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Muslims_in_Myanmar

And inhuman has done little but throw insults at every chance he gets, and ignoring the substance of any responses I'm giving. It seems you're also going down the same route, which is a shame. If you actually read the discussions, you'd realise this, but you have a negative predisposition towards me simply because I'm defending the 'backwards culture'.
Reply 524
The 2004 invasion of Iraq not only was indirectly responsible for several of those things, but also uprooted and destroyed the lives of millions of innocent Iraqis and Middle Easterners.
You have repeatedly been asked why, if Islamist terrorism is mainly caused by the upheaval resulting from military intervention in Afghanistan and Iraq (as you claim), there were many Islamist terrorist attacks on western targets before military intervention?

So far you have spectacularly failed to address this question. I can only assume that you don't have an answer.
What a surprise!
"Nicholas Kristof travels to Myanmar, where the Buddhist majority confines a million Muslims to camps and villages deprived of jobs, schools, doctors and even life itself. Why is the world silent?"

A minimum of one million Muslims are suffering from Buddhist persecution in 'concentration-camp' style areas. There is your statistic.
if this doesn't satisfy you, give this link a read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Muslims_in_Myanmar

And inhuman has done little but throw insults at every chance he gets, and ignoring the substance of any responses I'm giving. It seems you're also going down the same route, which is a shame. If you actually read the discussions, you'd realise this, but you have a negative predisposition towards me simply because I'm defending the 'backwards culture'.

You said by the Muslims suffer discrimination by the millions. As sad and disgusting the case in Myanmar is, a million Muslims are being put into camps. Where are the other stats which put it in millions?
Reply 526
Yes, ISIS do brutal things and it is partly justified through the brutality of the Quran. No one can deny that.
Well, you've been trying pretty hard for 26 pages.

So you finally acknowledge that Islamic ideology is a factor in Islamist terrorism and sectarian conflict.

But in a world where the excessive majority of Muslims are being persecuted, hated, and even killed
So, the entire populations of Indonesia, Egypt, Morocco, Sausi Arabi, Pakistan, etc, etc, are being "persecuted, hated and killed"?
Really? By whom?

We need to grow up and realise that our problems are not the fault of Muslims, and attack ISIS for staining a religion whose followers are decent enough to ignore its ills. ISIS are actively legitimising hateful feelings among Muslims,
ISIS merely follow an unmodernised, literalist reading of the Quran and sunnah. We might not like what they are doing. Many Muslims may not like what they are doing. But they are only doing what they see as god's work. And they have chapter and verse to prove it.

As they say in AA, the forst step in solving a problem is accepting that you have one.
Reply 527
Whoops, but that doesn't make my argument invalid does it?
Yes it does, because there were many Islamist attacks on western targets before 2003. So there must be another cause other than the 2003 invasion.
Reply 528
Original post by champ_mc99
The invasion killed way more than ISIS and HAMAS. And I'm pretty sure Bashar Al-Assad is responsible for majority of the Syrian deaths over ISIS.
The vast majority of deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan were committed by Iraqis, Afghans and foreign insurgents, not by coalition troops.
https://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/
Reply 529
Like many privileged, white, teenage, SJWs he displays a kind of ironic racism. He thinks that criticising Islam is attacking Muslims, and because he thinks that all Muslims are Brown Foreigners, they deed defending from the nasty white folk who are attacking them.
Instead of a 'count to a million' thread we should have a 'countdown to self destruction due to prejudice' one

Don't bother with that guy. Total troll.
I think people forget that the less conservative Muslims are also heavily targeted by extremists
Original post by eraserbrain
Read this, it has a rich outline, evidence and cites several philosophers (I cannot explain as well as it does): http://www.e-ir.info/2010/03/18/the-war-on-terror-and-the-rise-of-neo-orientalism-in-the-21st-century/
just a lot of wordy, pseudo/sophisticated intellectual garbage

how can such pretentious verbiage be taken seriously ?

it explains nothing at all
Original post by QE2
Yes it does, because there were many Islamist attacks on western targets before 2003. So there must be another cause other than the 2003 invasion.
actually, the present cycle of Islamist terrorist attacks started with the East Africa US Embassy bombings (1998 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_United_States_embassy_bombings or even with the first World Trade Center attack (1993) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing

I am certain some of these people are trolls, or are so comfortable with their prejudice that there is no point trying to tell them anything- they'll either dismiss the validity of your clearly outlined argument without providing reasoning, or they won't make an effort to read what has been written.
Original post by eraserbrain
I am certain some of these people are trolls, or are so comfortable with their prejudice that there is no point trying to tell them anything- they'll either dismiss the validity of your clearly outlined argument without providing reasoning, or they won't make an effort to read what has been written.

One of your alternates?
Reply 537
Original post by champ_mc99
The invasion killed way more than ISIS and HAMAS. And I'm pretty sure Bashar Al-Assad is responsible for majority of the Syrian deaths over ISIS.

Do you have any numbers to back that up? You can't just say something that controversial without any evidence.
Reply 538
Yes, ISIS do brutal things and it is partly justified through the brutality of the Quran. No one can deny that. But in a world where the excessive majority of Muslims are being persecuted, hated, and even killed (just like in New York), all of this hatred accumulates and only becomes a catalyst for further radicalisation. We need to grow up and realise that our problems are not the fault of Muslims, and attack ISIS for staining a religion whose followers are decent enough to ignore its ills. ISIS are actively legitimising hateful feelings among Muslims, and these hateful feelings come from a whole host of sources - and it is never a heart-filled desire to help Islam, its them hating people because their lives are uprooted by a catastrophic event in their lives. Its the exact same process with Trump in the USA, the presence of a legitimate man running for president who suddenly is saying "its OK to hate other races" or "your problems are the fault of other races", it legitimises the average racist man's views, gives him confidence to act patriotically in response. Its a similar process for ISIS, but a smaller catchment volume because many people acknowledge that ISIS are just thugs.

Sorry, how many Muslims have been killed in NY in comparison to those killed by ISIS? And how many people have Muslims killed in comparison to us Europeans?
''Staining a religion''. The religion is stained without Isis. Again - have you ever even read the Quran? There are countless violent commands against nonbelievers, violence against women, etc. I could go on.
Attacking ISIS will not help at all! Hamas will still exist, Boko Haram will still exist, and many more groups will form soon after ISIS's downfall. Can you not see that the problem stretches deeper than ISIS? ISIS is not ''legitimising''; the Quran is, and their prophets are, because they are giving these violent commands.
We are talking about a religion that uses STONING for adultery. No other religion has that. All other religions have progressed from this frankly trogloditic way of life.
Perhaps this is why Muslims move to the West? Because their own countries are in political and religious turmoil. In other words, our way of life, our WESTERN way of life is more acceptable for them. And if they are moving here, then they have an obligation to follow the WESTERN way of life, because this is not their land, and are we not doing them a favour by economically saving them, as well as saving their lives?
Give me an actual quote from Trump saying that it's ''ok to hate other races''. I simply do not believe that.
Reply 539
Original post by DanGG
Give me an actual quote from Trump saying that it's ''ok to hate other races''. I simply do not believe that.
alevelstress thinks it is perfectly ok to hate other races, as long as you don't take that hate into the public sphere.
ikr, the irony is almost unbearable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending