The Student Room Group

A-Level Stationery Thread!!!

A LEVEL STATIONERY APPRECIATION THREAD

I'm sure there's a lot of up and coming, or current A Level students like me who absolutely love all things stationery (appreciating, buying, using etc.) There's a hugely popular thread for uni students about stationery so I thought I'd make the same sort of thing but for sixth form/ college students!

So what stationery have people bought for the upcoming school year? What are you planning to buy? Do you have any essentials or secret gems you think people should know about?

-------------------------------------

I haven't bought my stationery yet as I'm waiting until after results, but I'm definitely getting 3 or 4 folders, one for each subject, with dividers. I'll also get 3 or 4 refill notebooks which will doubtless need to be bought again after Christmas. I already have a lot of pens etc. so I don't think I'll be buying anymore, but will definitely get lots of other things!
When I was in sixth form, I used stickers called 'hole reinforcers', which stop sheets of paper from ripping out of your folders so easily by making the holes more sturdy :yep:

Also, I'd suggest buying just one ring binder, and one lever arch file. Take the ring binder with you every day, and use file dividers to separate your work for each subject. When the ring binder gets full, transfer the work to the lever arch file (which you keep at home) and continue using the ring binder. This is what I did, and it saved me lugging loads of different folders around :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
When I was in sixth form, I used stickers called 'hole reinforcers', which stop sheets of paper from ripping out of your folders so easily by making the holes more sturdy :yep:

Also, I'd suggest buying just one ring binder, and one lever arch file. Take the ring binder with you every day, and use file dividers to separate your work for each subject. When the ring binder gets full, transfer the work to the lever arch file (which you keep at home) and continue using the ring binder. This is what I did, and it saved me lugging loads of different folders around :smile:

Both of these things sound like a great idea! But what about when you need to look back at notes from previous lessons? Surely the notes would be at home in the large lever arch and you wouldn't be able to access it?
Original post by kate37
Both of these things sound like a great idea! But what about when you need to look back at notes from previous lessons? Surely the notes would be at home in the large lever arch and you wouldn't be able to access it?

I only transferred the work from the ring binder to the lever arch file once the ring binder was full, which usually took a couple of months, so I wouldn't worry about that :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
I only transferred the work from the ring binder to the lever arch file once the ring binder was full, which usually took a couple of months, so I wouldn't worry about that :smile:

Oh that makes a lot of sense! I might do that instead then as it will definitely be better than hauling 3 folders to school everyday, but I might struggle with keeping it nice and organised.
Original post by kate37
Oh that makes a lot of sense! I might do that instead then as it will definitely be better than hauling 3 folders to school everyday, but I might struggle with keeping it nice and organised.

I would highly recommend it, I did it for both AS and A2. As long as you remember to use file dividers and label them, you should be fine :h:
Another soon to be year 12 and stationery lover! Whoop whoop
Got myself a refill pad to take everyday which would be rough notes. These would be neatened up in an allocated notebook (so it looks nice and so I can reinforce the information). I would take one ringbinder to sixth form but will transfer to subject ringbinders (should have brought lever arch files tbh). Loads of colour involved (since plain black is boring and loads of sticky notes.

Love love love to plan ahead of time, so I'm considering getting a planner (apart from the school ones) to organise everything.
I've bought 3 ring binders, 3 A4 notebooks, 3 10-part dividers. I already have pens, calculator e.t.c. bought for GCSEs.

Best of luck with your results!
Reply 8
Original post by drapplepilot
Another soon to be year 12 and stationery lover! Whoop whoop
Got myself a refill pad to take everyday which would be rough notes. These would be neatened up in an allocated notebook (so it looks nice and so I can reinforce the information). I would take one ringbinder to sixth form but will transfer to subject ringbinders (should have brought lever arch files tbh). Loads of colour involved (since plain black is boring and loads of sticky notes.

Love love love to plan ahead of time, so I'm considering getting a planner (apart from the school ones) to organise everything.

That sounds like a good plan, I'm definitely going to have coloured folders so I can tell the difference and just to brighten up everything!

Original post by honour
I've bought 3 ring binders, 3 A4 notebooks, 3 10-part dividers. I already have pens, calculator e.t.c. bought for GCSEs.

Best of luck with your results!

Good luck to you too!!
-----------------------------------------------
(edited 7 years ago)
can I join this thread? I. LOVE. STATIONERY.
i've still got my desk draw FULL (1st layer consists of flash card books & hole reinforces) of stationery left over from AS (going to do a btec from september... excited)
but trying to refrain from buying stationery until september bc I don't know what I need yet (apart from books which I've got) bc more of my work may be done on my laptop.

also has anyone seen those pencil cases in wilko & sainsburys which say epic/awesome/bored on them? lol they would be funny if people used them to rate a part of a lesson...
I've got myself a few new liquid ink pens, a pack of coloured gel pens for notes, a note book, a ring binder, calculator, brand new ruler and everything I finished my GCSEs with.
Going into Year 12 this year, can't wait!!!
For Biology and Chemistry , my school told us to get 4 folders for each subject. Shall I get ring binders or lever arch ones?
Reply 13
Original post by jamiedarlison
Hey guys, what do you think of a student pack/kit that can be purchased online which has everything you need for GCSE and then another pack which has everything you need for A level?Just wondering as my friend thought of the idea and he just wants some feedback.Many thanks

Sounds like a great idea to me
A stationery thread yey! I love stationery :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest