The Student Room Group

Did you apply directly through clearing?

14,000 people have found places throug clearing this year, but 3600 of them applied directly through clearing, side-stepping the rest of the application process. I'm really interested to know why? Did you plan this, or did you do better in your exams than predicted? Where you targeting a particular course or a particular university?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by SebastianMesser
14,000 people have found places throug clearing this year, but 3600 of them applied directly through clearing, side-stepping the rest of the application process. I'm really interested to know why? Did you plan this, or did you do better in your exams than predicted? Where you targeting a particular course or a particular university?

It might have been people changing their minds about going to uni at the last minute, or having lower predicted grades and then getting higher grades in their exams. They might have also aken a couple of years out, or had a unusual educational history.

I think it's good, albeit maybe a bit of a rushed way to make a decision. Now that their are so many amazing spaces in clearing and adjustment, its starting to make more sense that people do it that way.

I was also going to say you don't need to worry about doing a personal statement that way, but actually I'm not sure if that's the case or not.
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum
which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Thanks Jessica, I'd posted it under both A'levels and under Clearing (where I did get a response).

Quick Reply

Latest