The Student Room Group

Another Corbyn Clanger

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamesN88
Centre Left/Social Democrat mostly.

Same here. Unfortunately though it seems like the centre left/social democrats are becoming a rarity and face extinction.
His and his followers views are their views that they're perfectly entitled to. I just find it bizarre how a lot of them can't countenance the fact that not everyone shares them, any counter opinions seem to form part of a conspiracy.

I respect that as well.

But it's just, what I don't admire about his movement is that it seems like they are more of an opposition to their own party than they are to the Tories. It's just bizarre. If you watch any of their rallies, they spend half of it attacking current Labour MPs!
Reply 62
Original post by Bornblue
Same here. Unfortunately though it seems like the centre left/social democrats are becoming a rarity and face extinction.

The choice is fast becoming one between centre right Tories and hard left Nutcases. It pains me to say it but I trust the former more to be in charge of the country although I could never bring myself to vote for them.
The choice is fast becoming one between centre right Tories and hard left Nutcases. It pains me to say it but I trust the former more to be in charge of the country although I could never bring myself to vote for them.

I see the choice as being between centre-right tories and right wing UKIPers in the future.

The hard left will make a lot of noise but they are relatively few in terms of number.

Centre left, progressive politics is losing out, not just in the UK but all across Euorpe as people seek comfort in the far right.
Reply 64
Original post by Bornblue
I see the choice as being between centre-right tories and right wing UKIPers in the future.

The hard left will make a lot of noise but they are relatively few in terms of number.

Centre left, progressive politics is losing out, not just in the UK but all across Euorpe as people seek comfort in the far right.

The biggest threat re UKIP IMO is that they aren't the Tories. By that I mean people in Labour heartlands who have a mental block against voting Tory but are pissed off with Labour now have an alternative who are good at telling people what they want to hear.
The biggest threat re UKIP IMO is that they aren't the Tories. By that I mean people in Labour heartlands who have a mental block against voting Tory but are pissed off with Labour now have an alternative who are good at telling people what they want to hear.

Yep.

UKIP, despite having been run by a very right wing Thatcherite for the last few years has managed to convince voters that it is an economically protectionist party.
It appeals to core Labour voters by peddling a socially conservative and economic leftist approach.

I worry about the future of the Laboru party, whoever is leader. There has been a shift to the far right all across Europe and it appears to be happening here too.
Original post by Pegasus2
Please justify the position that we should leave NATO.

"Because Corbyn says so" seems to be enough for some of those people.

Original post by Pinkberry_y
I want Corbyn to remain leader of labour so conservatives win again, again and again :smile:

Three "agains" is fifteen years, he will be over seventy at the next election, let's not be too optimistic:wink:
Reply 67
Original post by MildredMalone
"Because Corbyn says so" seems to be enough for some of those people.

Three "agains" is fifteen years, he will be over seventy at the next election, let's not be too optimistic:wink:

He's already too old to be left alone with people apparently.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/02/corbyn-keeps-watson-arms-length
He's already too old to be left alone with people apparently.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/02/corbyn-keeps-watson-arms-length

haha I remember that, he's such a strong leader that apparently he's too much of an invalid to be alone with his own deputy!
Reply 69
Original post by MildredMalone
haha I remember that, he's such a strong leader that apparently he's too much of an invalid to be alone with his own deputy!

The thought of him trying to stand up to Putin genuinely worries me(or it would do if he had any chance of being PM).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending