The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
Thank you!! And don't worry haha, I didn't make it that clear :h:

I did Maths, Politics, History and Biology. I dropped Biology because it's not relevant to what I want to study at uni and I got a B in it!

What A-levels are you thinking of taking?

I want to go to university med school because you're required to study Medicine and become a doctor before you can advance to forensic pathology, so I'm currently thinking of taking Biology, Chemistry, I.C.T (because I'm good at it and I enjoy the subject) and maybe A Level Welsh. If not Welsh, I don't know. I want to take a 4th A Level but I really can't be bothered to go through with two extra years of Welsh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nwmyname
Hey guys
For anyone taking Edexcel GCSE Sciences (Biology Chemistry Physics) I have compiled a list of past grade boundaries so you can see how the boundaries have varied from year to year.

You can see how it looks like from this screenshot for biology.
Scroll down later to find Chemistry and Physics.

Note that exams began apparently in June 2014 for the current specification after a change, and dates before June 2012 were simply too difficult to interpret, which is the reflection of the exam board itself as well.

I'm so glad the Physics grade boundaries have always been fairly low! Especially since P1 was very hard!
Edexcel is done :smile:

hey,
thank you so much for posting all of the past grade boundaries for both aqa and edexcel. Would it be alright if you could post what you think the 2016 grade boundaries would be for the sciences? I would love to see your predictions. Did you do aqa or edexcel for science? If you don't have tims then it would be fine don't stress too much about doing it. Thank you x ☺😊
Original post by DavMax15
I completely agree, I had to leave the exam hall and calm down for 5 minutes after attempting the P2 resistance question.

I could feel tears going into my eyes as I wrote down my answers to that question, I could feel bullcrap falling onto the page as I wrote each letter and when I got home all I could think was that it was the 2 worst exams I had
Original post by chris2791
predicted A* core science
I think I just scraped an A*

im doing early entry im in year 10

lots of people do core science in year 10 love its not early entry
Original post by salex413
Did anyone do Edexcel Statistics?

Yes i did. How did you find it?
What I think Ive got:

English Language : B
Original post by blueribbons99
Me too, what did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an A*, you?
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I could feel tears going into my eyes as I wrote down my answers to that question, I could feel bullcrap falling onto the page as I wrote each letter and when I got home all I could think was that it was the 2 worst exams I had

The annoying thing as well was that it was one of my last exams. It was all going so well!
Hey guys
For anyone taking Edexcel GCSE Sciences (Biology Chemistry Physics) I have compiled a list of past grade boundaries so you can see how the boundaries have varied from year to year.

You can see how it looks like from this screenshot for biology.
Scroll down later to find Chemistry and Physics.

Note that exams began apparently in June 2014 for the current specification after a change, and dates before June 2012 were simply too difficult to interpret, which is the reflection of the exam board itself as well.

I think B1 will be very high because that paper was so easy (probably 55 for an A*?)
B2 very high as well (probably 53/54 for an A*)
B3 probably 51-52.

All the physics except for P3 will be very low because of how they worded the questions and it was harder than last years.

C1 and C2 will be quite high and C3 will be around the same as last year.

My opinion ahaha :smile: but we'll find out on Wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
hey,
thank you so much for posting all of the past grade boundaries for both aqa and edexcel. Would it be alright if you could post what you think the 2016 grade boundaries would be for the sciences? I would love to see your predictions. Did you do aqa or edexcel for science? If you don't have tims then it would be fine don't stress too much about doing it. Thank you x ☺😊

I will do it now dw :smile:
Do you mean all the sciences?
The annoying thing as well was that it was one of my last exams. It was all going so well!

Same here, I felt that it ended on such a bad note.
I will do it now dw :smile:
Do you mean all the sciences?

Yes please just for aqa though. Thank you very much
Hi everyone. I am so worried now that results day is around the corner because I remember clear as day that I forgot to write my name in block capitals in both of my R.E. exams and one of my Psychology exams. Will this have any bearing to whether or not my paper gets marked?
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm waiting to find out my tragic German listening results.

Which exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thepewds_
Hi everyone. I am so worried now that results day is around the corner because I remember clear as day that I forgot to write my name in block capitals in both of my R.E. exams and one of my Psychology exams. Will this have any bearing to whether or not my paper gets marked?

I'm sure that the exam board would understand that you were stressed and the exams took over. It shouldn't affect your marking as they only do this for measures of being able to read your name, as long as it's readable it shouldn't cause a problem. If there was a problem I'm sure that by now someone would know. Don't worry and just enjoy the last few days

As long as it's legible, you shouldn't have to worry.
Original post by Kxjzh
Which exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA higher tier.

It will still get marked as your exam officer should have seen and corrected this. Either way as long as your writing is legible it will get marked so don't stress. At least you didn't do as bad as me, I wrote in gel point pen in English and RS which apparently we weren't allowed to use. :s-smilie:
Original post by nisha.sri
Yes please just for aqa though. Thank you very much

Here :smile:

Biology
B1 | A* = 40, A = 35, B = 29, C = 20
B2 | A* = 43, A = 38, B = 32, C = 23
B3 | A* = 45, A = 40, B = 34, C = 25

Chemistry
C1 | A* = 47, A = 42, B = 36, C = 22
C2 | A* = 44, A = 39, B = 33, C = 20
C3 | A* = 43, A = 38, B = 31, C = 24

Physics
P1 | A* = 43, A = 36, B = 29, C = 20
P2 | A* = 42, A = 35, B = 27, C = 18
P3 | A* = 46, A = 39, B = 31, C = 23

These are pure predictions.
I have seen the paper, but not the mark scheme.
This is pure estimate based on previous experience of past papers.

Latest