The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Mary Gee or Gilbert Murray (Southmead court)

Im confused on what to do, I wanted an ensuite self-catered room in oadby, however I was offered a meal plan single washbin room at Gilbert Murray (Southmead court), should I accept it and place my self on the waiting list for what I want or go over to Mary Gee where self-catered ensuite is available?
Reply 1
Yeah same situation here mate. Got into Leicester as my insurance choice and wanted self-catered ensuite but there wasn't any available, so was allocated Mary Gee. When I found out I was gutted to be honest but I just thought about my priorities and decided to ask for a transfer to Oadby. Just have a think about what it is you really want from your accommodation and what you're willing to compromise on. At the beginning I was adamant I wanted my own bathroom and the experience of self-catered but for me living in Oadby was key, so I'm now going into Lasdun, single room with washbasin and catered meal plan. Good luck mate :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by TomGoo98
Yeah same situation here mate. Got into Leicester as my insurance choice and wanted self-catered ensuite but there wasn't any available, so was allocated Mary Gee. When I found out I was gutted to be honest but I just thought about my priorities and decided to ask for a transfer to Oadby. Just have a think about what it is you really want from your accommodation and what you're willing to compromise on. At the beginning I was adamant I wanted my own bathroom and the experience of self-catered but for me living in Oadby was key, so I'm now going into Lasdun, single room with washbasin and catered meal plan. Good luck mate :smile:

Hey I'm in Lasdun too in a single washbasin room, how do I find out what block I'm in? I have payed the deposit btw
Reply 3
Just have a look at your accepted offer and there should be an option to view the contract. It will say at the top of the contract where you are. I'm in Block C, room 3 on the ground floor :smile:
Just have a look at your accepted offer and there should be an option to view the contract. It will say at the top of the contract where you are. I'm in Block C, room 3 on the ground floor :smile:

Do I need to fill in the induction first? Cos it says the induction isn't available yet

Ah I found it, I'm block 1, floor 1, room 11. I thought I was sharing with 6/7 people so how come I'm room 11?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending