The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thepewds_
Hi everyone. I am so worried now that results day is around the corner because I remember clear as day that I forgot to write my name in block capitals in both of my R.E. exams and one of my Psychology exams. Will this have any bearing to whether or not my paper gets marked?

That happened to me as well and I also put my surname in the forename box and vice versa on a few of my exams. I'm hoping that it will be ok.
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I'm sure that the exam board would understand that you were stressed and the exams took over. It shouldn't affect your marking as they only do this for measures of being able to read your name, as long as it's readable it shouldn't cause a problem. If there was a problem I'm sure that by now someone would know. Don't worry and just enjoy the last few days

Thank you for your response. I have been losing sleep over this so I really appreciate it! Hope you enjoy the last few days too!
Original post by DavMax15
That happened to me as well and I also put my surname in the forename box and vice versa on a few of my exams. I'm hoping that it will be ok.

It doesn't matter, capitals or not.
I didn't write ever in Block Capitals and my results still came through fine!

They deal with it as normal through your candidate number.
They don't need your name.
They only use it when you ask for a remark to confirm your name.

:smile:
Original post by honour
As long as it's legible, you shouldn't have to worry.

Thank you so much!! :smile:
Original post by DavMax15

My friend did that as well. Hope things turn out alright for you man...
Original post by mass_
Did anyone do the WJEC exams? :~)

I'm WJEC for all my subjects except Science. I've only sat 6 exams as I've just finished Year 10; I sat the Unit 1 Welsh paper, Unit 1 I.C.T paper and Unit 2 Thematic Study History paper on The Changing Role of Women. What exams did you sit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
Yes i did. How did you find it?

I found it difficult. In my opinion it was harder than last year's paper. I really hope the grade boundaries go down but I don't think they will :frown:

How did you find it? What did you get in your controlled assessment?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Im_trying
No my school told me that they need a signed note from me saying I have collected them, let's just get it over and done with I hate waiting for things like this haha :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh okay!! Obviously it'll vary from school to school :smile:
I can't wait any longer. This week is going to drag like hell
Original post by Hey It's Cerian
I'm WJEC for all my subjects except Science. I've only sat 6 exams as I've just finished Year 10; I sat the Unit 1 Welsh paper, Unit 1 I.C.T paper and Unit 2 Thematic Study History paper on The Changing Role of Women. What exams did you sit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in year 11 and finsihed all of my wjec exams, they were good but slightly hard, hbu?
Original post by nwmyname
Here :smile:

Biology
B1 | A* = 40, A = 35, B = 29, C = 20
B2 | A* = 43, A = 38, B = 32, C = 23
B3 | A* = 45, A = 40, B = 34, C = 25

Chemistry
C1 | A* = 47, A = 42, B = 36, C = 22
C2 | A* = 44, A = 39, B = 33, C = 20
C3 | A* = 43, A = 38, B = 31, C = 24

Physics
P1 | A* = 43, A = 36, B = 29, C = 20
P2 | A* = 42, A = 35, B = 27, C = 18
P3 | A* = 46, A = 39, B = 31, C = 23

These are pure predictions.
I have seen the paper, but not the mark scheme.
This is pure estimate based on previous experience of past papers.

Would you be able to predict EdExcel science and maths or are you only familiar with AQA? )

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember when this thread wasn't that busy. It said "13 days left" and not many of us talked :biggrin:
Reply 2492
Anyone got predictions for OCR 21st Century science grade boundariesS?
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Would you be able to predict EdExcel science and maths or are you only familiar with AQA? )

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know Edexcel.
Maths I could do.
I don't know Edexcel.
Maths I could do.

I would love you to do maths if you had time. I did edexcel maths so any predictions would be welcome
Can anyone guess what an A would be in edexcel maths?
I don't know Edexcel.
Maths I could do.

Maths EdExcel? If yes then it would be greatly appreciated if you have the time to do so :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys may I ask that what happens if you meet the requirements of the subjects you want to study but failed English or maths? (Touch wood), would college still let you in?
Original post by OmarAl
Can anyone guess what an A would be in edexcel maths?

Hi, the best guess is that you would need 67 or above in each paper. And so a total of 134 or higher in total for an A.
@Starlight15 do you know when they release the grade boundaries for this year?