The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Do you think it is possible to gain 5 UMS from a remark of both Chem 4 and Chem 5?
Thanks
Original post by BeHopeful
Do you think it is possible to gain 5 UMS from a remark of both Chem 4 and Chem 5?
Thanks

A physics paper went up 16 UMS for me last year, so definitely!!! I'm getting remarked and hoping they can find an extra 7 UMS to take me into the A*.
I need to gain 1 UMS, no idea which paper to send in for a remark. Chem4 got 87/120 = low B and Chem5 106/120 = A* and Chem6X 48/60 = low A
CHEM5 108/120
CHEM4 120/120 And then I got a D in the EMPA... so much fun for losing that A*
A* Chem6
A*Chem5
E Chem4 banter lolololololol

missed both my offers :smile: :smile:
Chem 4 - 111 (wtf? I swear I ****ed this up)
Chem 5 -108 I don't see how I did worse in chem 5 lol I felt it was one of my best exams😎
Chem 6x - 36 :') I was on the D/c boundary haha, I don't give a **** I needed an A and got an A, very happy in the end, got into UCL :smile:
In Chem4 I got 108
In chem5 I got 111
I got 50 in empa
Overall 269, one UMS of A* :frown:
I made my offer but tempted to try for a remark, even if chemistry isn't the kind of subject that changes much with a remark. I'm now stay on which paper to get remarked - any ideas? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I meant to say I'm stuck on which to remark sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chem 4 - 117
Chem 5 - 114
Chem 6X - 52
So happy ☺️
I really do believe that the examiners were generous this year for CHEM4; I thought I would get a U from the unofficial mark scheme and instead ended up with a C in it, with a shocking A in CHEM5. I got a B overall for Chemistry. ☺☺
Original post by Hedwig24
In Chem4 I got 108
In chem5 I got 111
I got 50 in empa
I made my offer but tempted to try for a remark, even if chemistry isn't the kind of subject that changes much with a remark. I'm now stay on which paper to get remarked - any ideas? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also wanting to remark one my the CHEM papers.
1 UMS from my offer. I'm thinking CHEM4 because it was my lowest score out of the three
Chem 4- 120 (?!?!)
Chem 5- 116
Chem 6X- 54
I am still in shock!
Reply 3072
Well done guys! !

Chem 4 - 113/120
Chem 5 - 120/120
Chem 6X - 60/60

Overall 293/300 :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Azula
Well done guys! !

Chem 4 - 113/120
Chem 5 - 120/120
Chem 6X - 60/60

Overall 293/300 :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

60 in the EMPA?! Well done man, I found the EMPA horrible as did many people!
Reply 3074
Original post by chloeabeki
60 in the EMPA?! Well done man, I found the EMPA horrible as did many people!

Ah thanks :smile: Yeah it was a very difficult paper 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hedwig24
In Chem4 I got 108
In chem5 I got 111
I got 50 in empa

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got exactly the same marks on the papers as you, but 44 on the ISA (so 7 UMS off the A*). I'm re-marking both papers but in your case I'd ask to see papers and mark schemes with your teachers first and look at which paper could potentially give you that extra mark.

Good luck!
(Original post by Hedwig24)
In Chem4 I got 108
In chem5 I got 111
I got 50 in empa
Overall 269, one UMS of A*
I made my offer but tempted to try for a remark, even if chemistry isn't the kind of subject that changes much with a remark. I'm now stay on which paper to get remarked - any ideas? Thanks
I think that it would be worth getting both chem 4 & 5 remarked, as you are well in the grade boundary. Try seeing if your school will pay for one of them to keep the cost down.
Original post by jasminola
(Original post by Hedwig24)
In Chem4 I got 108
In chem5 I got 111
I got 50 in empa
Overall 269, one UMS of A*
I made my offer but tempted to try for a remark, even if chemistry isn't the kind of subject that changes much with a remark. I'm now stay on which paper to get remarked - any ideas? Thanks
I think that it would be worth getting both chem 4 & 5 remarked, as you are well in the grade boundary. Try seeing if your school will pay for one of them to keep the cost down.

I had 269 ums, got unit 4 remarked and went down one :frown:
But if you remark unit 4 and unit 5 at the same time - it would be really annoying if unit 4 went up 1 and unit 5 went down 1 for example.
Original post by Cadherin
I got exactly the same marks on the papers as you, but 44 on the ISA (so 7 UMS off the A*). I'm re-marking both papers but in your case I'd ask to see papers and mark schemes with your teachers first and look at which paper could potentially give you that extra mark.

Good luck!

Thanks for your advice, I've sent back unit 4 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Windowswind123
I had 269 ums, got unit 4 remarked and went down one :frown:
But if you remark unit 4 and unit 5 at the same time - it would be really annoying if unit 4 went up 1 and unit 5 went down 1 for example.

I'm sorry to hear that- but you'd never have known if you didn't try! I have also sent back unit 4 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending