The Student Room Group

Debenhams Job

Hello,

I've just applied for Christmas Temporary Sale Advisor. I completed the application they needed, and i got offered an phone interview after 2/3 days of application. this is what i am worried about, i disclose the information about my hearing (completely deaf, but can hear with my implant on and i struggle with phone call sometime) and i am worried about what to hear and what to say on my interview phone call.. can anyone help me? i even ask them on extenuating circumstance to change the support of the interview process!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jkouk1
Hello,

I've just applied for Christmas Temporary Sale Advisor. I completed the application they needed, and i got offered an phone interview after 2/3 days of application. this is what i am worried about, i disclose the information about my hearing (completely deaf, but can hear with my implant on and i struggle with phone call sometime) and i am worried about what to hear and what to say on my interview phone call.. can anyone help me? i even ask them on extenuating circumstance to change the support of the interview process!

It's odd that they've still asked you to do a phone interview. Do you have an email for them? I'd ask them ASAP if they can do the interview in person or something, explaining your circumstances. If not, it might be worth popping in and asking for a manager. They should be able to come up with something.
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
It's odd that they've still asked you to do a phone interview. Do you have an email for them? I'd ask them ASAP if they can do the interview in person or something, explaining your circumstances. If not, it might be worth popping in and asking for a manager. They should be able to come up with something.

dont know.. didnt want to ruin my interview :frown:
i used to work for them at the oxford street store in london. It was the absolute worst experience of my life.
Reply 4
Original post by kanyenot
i used to work for them at the oxford street store in london. It was the absolute worst experience of my life.

Explain, how so?
Reply 5
Original post by kanyenot

How so, Explain?
Reply 6
Original post by chelseadagg3r

im not sure.. i didnt want to ruin it over phone as i did ask them :frown:
I have a phone interview tomorrow 2pm for the same role.
Definitely email them if you need any changes. I'm sure on the job application page on the dhams website says there's an email address to email regarding any problems.
Good luck though!!! 😊
Reply 8
Original post by drapplepilot
I have a phone interview tomorrow 2pm for the same role.
Definitely email them if you need any changes. I'm sure on the job application page on the dhams website says there's an email address to email regarding any problems.
Good luck though!!! 😊

Good luck! let me know how it went! yeah that right but im just too afraid to ask to change the process of the interview when i did :frown:
Original post by jkouk1
Good luck! let me know how it went! yeah that right but im just too afraid to ask to change the process of the interview when i did :frown:

She said I have a group thingy on friday which I heard consists of group activities and a 1-2-1 interview. But I messed up soo much.

Good luck!😊
Reply 10
She said I have a group thingy on friday which I heard consists of group activities and a 1-2-1 interview. But I messed up soo much.

Good luck!😊

sorry, i dont understand can you explain it again please? if you felt good then you did good job! first interview isnt always good..
Original post by jkouk1
sorry, i dont understand can you explain it again please? if you felt good then you did good job! first interview isnt always good..

I think all the candidates for the job get together to do group activities and then I have a proper face to face interview.
I think they're probably desperate after I didn't answer a question properly (I had to ask her to repeat to give myself some time to make something up).
Original post by jkouk1

I think all the candidates for the job get together to do group activities and then I have a proper face to face interview.
I think they're probably desperate after I didn't answer a question properly (I had to ask her to repeat to give myself some time to make something up).
Reply 13

ahh right gotcha! yeah they do that, but at least im talkactive lol
Original post by jkouk1
ahh right gotcha! yeah they do that, but at least im talkactive lol

Thing is, I am talkative if I know the person I'm talking to. 😕
Reply 15
Thing is, I am talkative if I know the person I'm talking to. 😕

I'm way too nervous for interview whatever it is since im deaf and i dont really want to ask them to repeat things again lol
OMG i have a phone interview aswell..........so nervous! I would have preferred a face to face interview

I applied for stock assistant
Reply 17
Original post by happiness12
OMG i have a phone interview aswell..........so nervous! I would have preferred a face to face interview

You know how i feel! i asked them on extenuating circumstance to change it to face to face, but they carried on talking... i had no choice! so i hope my luck comes to me when i have it on Thursday.. good luck to you too!
Original post by happiness12

If you are successful on the phone interview you have a face to face interview.
Reply 19
Hello Everyone!

Just to update, i have finished my interview (not activity or group work!) in afternoon and within 2 hours later, i received a call saying i got the job!! i just need to go to induction day at the end of October D: can anyone tell me what i should do? uniform standard?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending