The Student Room Group

Which Medical schools should I apply to/avoid?

Honestly for which unis am I good enough?

My GCSEs: 7A*s and 3As

AS Results: AABB, but my B in Maths is the only one that counts. The other B is in Chem.

Predicted grades: A*A*(/A - teacher is being unclear) A

UKCAT: A score very uncompetitive, av. 640 :s-smilie: SJT: Band 2.

Experience: Volunteering at a care home for almost 9 months.
2 weeks shadowing doctor at a city hospital.

Extra Curricular: Grade 8 violin, drama and other stuff.

Considering my UKCAT score I don't know where I shoukd apply.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by KayleyC
Honestly for which unis am I good enough?

My GCSEs: 7A*s and 3As

AS Results: AABB, but my B in Maths is the only one that counts. The other B is in Chem.

Predicted grades: A*A*(/A - teacher is being unclear) A

UKCAT: A score very uncompetitive, av. 640 :s-smilie: SJT: Band 2.

Experience: Volunteering at a care home for almost 9 months.
2 weeks shadowing doctor at a city hospital.

Extra Curricular: Grade 8 violin, drama and other stuff.

Considering my UKCAT score idk where I'll be good enough.

Congratulations on your results, they may not be what you need but they are still great results. Just focus on getting your A2 as high as you can and all will be fine.

You might be in with a chance of getting an interview at Queen's Belfast - your GCSE scores would give you 34/36 points (top 9, with 4 points for an A* and 3 for an A) and your UKCAT would give you 4/6, so 38/42 overall. I believe that has been the cut-off for the past two years, although, you will need an A in a 4th AS-Level.

I have attached their admissions policy for 2016 entry
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Oak16
Congratulations on your results, they may not be what you need but they are still great results. Just focus on getting your A2 as high as you can and all will be fine.

You might be in with a chance of getting an interview at Queen's Belfast - your GCSE scores would give you 34/36 points (top 9, with 4 points for an A* and 3 for an A) and your UKCAT would give you 4/6, so 38/42 overall. I believe that has been the cut-off for the past two years, although, you will need an A in a 4th AS-Level.

I have attached their admissions policy for 2016 entry

Thanks. I am quite disappointed but hope that a positive outlook and practicality will work in my favour. As well as looking for unis that I won't be automatically rejected from (regarding my UKCAT), I'll soon start preparing for the BMAT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending