The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get a C overall if you get a D in AS?

Im actually so worried i wont get into any universities because i got a d in as art. Is it possible that i can get a c or over if i get an a or b in a2?
Reply 1
The AS result is not linked to the A level result any more in Art so your AS grade will anot affect your A level grade.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
The AS result is not linked to the A level result any more in Art so your AS grade will anot affect your A level grade.

I thought that the AS grade accounts for 50% or more to the final grade??
Original post by _elissaa
Im actually so worried i wont get into any universities because i got a d in as art. Is it possible that i can get a c or over if i get an a or b in a2?

I just scraped a D in further maths last year but got a solid B this year
Reply 4
I thought that the AS grade accounts for 50% or more to the final grade??

Art is a reformed subject (along with Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, History, Physics, Psychology and Sociology) and starting with this Summer, the AS result no long contributes to the A level grade. Other subjects are changing to this system over the next 2 years.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Kieranisda1
I just scraped a D in further maths last year but got a solid B this year

You got a b overall?
Reply 6
Yeah, your overall UMS has to add up to a C grade. Take the UMS for the grade you want, minus your AS level UMS and the remaining number is the UMS is the number you need.
Reply 7
Original post by zayn008
Yeah, your overall UMS has to add up to a C grade. Take the UMS for the grade you want, minus your AS level UMS and the remaining number is the UMS is the number you need.

The OP was asking about Art which is one of the reformed subjects. It does not have UMS and the AS grade does not contribute to the A level.
Reply 8
Original post by Compost
The OP was asking about Art which is one of the reformed subjects. It does not have UMS and the AS grade does not contribute to the A level.

Oh… then why are they asking? It's a simple process of working hard and building on what they've learnt this year… you can go from a U to an A in one year unless you did an old a level but I know people who've got a U's and E's at AS, resat them with the A2 and gone up to B's and A's.
You got a b overall?

Correct

Quick Reply

Latest