The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Don't worry and just enjoy the last few days

It sounds so sinister - Setting: Evil Overlord Resultimo is taking over the earth and enslaving the 16 year old population of earth - Don't worry, just enjoy your last days of happiness and freedom :evil:
Can i Use the same thread for the discussion of edexcel (IGCSE ) result as well. if not so , where can i find one.. tnx...
Original post by AlevelBiologist
I think you are mare accurate than the last guy, but being a little too generous with that A* Boundary, especially for B1. Otherwise, great! Thanks.

I have seen the paper for B1.
I can see the grade boundaries being much lower I agree.
However exam boards do have standards to meet so I don't think they would go so far below 40.

Also, if the line that they draw of the marks don't match what they need, they can increase other people's marks so it reaches the type of line they are looking for.
Yeah I think 40 is a bit high but I don't do statistics for an exam board.

:smile: Hope that helps.
Question here - does anyone have links to the AQA papers by any chance?
3 Days Left until
Results Day!!!

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Helper OF ALL
Can i Use the same thread for the discussion of edexcel (IGCSE ) result as well. if not so , where can i find one.. tnx...

Yeah of course
Original post by nwmyname
Question here - does anyone have links to the AQA papers by any chance?

Yep but only for the sciences, music and Spanish here
Original post by Starlight15
Yep but only for the sciences, music and Spanish here

fab thanks :smile:

Just to mention, don't put it at the front of the thread.
The A-level thread had to shut down the link becaus AQA hunted them down :frown:
Oh yes.
For anyone going into Year 12 and wants some advice on doing well in their sciences

Click here
This takes me to my own thread I just made a few minutes ago.
Original post by nwmyname
fab thanks :smile:

Just to mention, don't put it at the front of the thread.
The A-level thread had to shut down the link because AQA hunted them down :frown:

Thanks for letting me know
Original post by JamDonuts4Life
It sounds so sinister - Setting: Evil Overlord Resultimo is taking over the earth and enslaving the 16 year old population of earth - Don't worry, just enjoy your last days of happiness and freedom :evil:

Haha, it does now come to think of it!
Original post by JamDonuts4Life

Haha, it does now come to think of it!
Original post by salex413
I found it difficult. In my opinion it was harder than last year's paper. I really hope the grade boundaries go down but I don't think they will :frown:

How did you find it? What did you get in your controlled assessment?

Yes i know ! It was very different from the other past papers :frown: But i mean if we all did wuite bad then gb will go down :smile:
I never got told by my teacher and he said that you will find out on results day you ?
Hey guys,
Do you know when Edexcel release the gb's :smile: ?
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey guys,
Do you know when Edexcel release the gb's :smile: ?

errbody releases them on wednesday
Eeeeek really nervous now!!!! My family aren't exactly helping. My sister (2 years older) was obviously going to get all A's and A*'s (she got 15 A*s) and was really nervous prior to results. My family was all supportive and really nice to her. I have genuine worry I have failed some subjects, and they're just 'oh get over it' 'you're not making the right choice for next year anyway so what does it matter.' And generally belittling me! It's driving me crazy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
is anybody else really annoyed at the lack of past papers for A-levels. for some subjects its just he one they did this year, which is restricted to teacher access
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Wait I did the 0522 CIE english language exam and so does that mean I can see my grade now? I haven't been given a log in so does that mean it's going to be in my results sheet on Thursday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a chance you could see it now if your school has put it on your school site anywhere, because it's an iGCSE and iGCSE results came out about a week ago. But yes it will be on your results sheet on Thursday, English schools aren't really giving the iGCSE grades until GCSE results day (which is why I went off and found mine, they didn't give me it) so don't worry!
you know you can access this years papers and mark schemes online here all edexcel gcses.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B23NLD5L6099Y1RiZ1ZqbmQ0LWs
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
I got an A*, you?

An A but 3UMS of an A*☹️☹️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest