The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

So you're a Fresher!? FW Questions answered!

Hi,

I'm a current student that works on the Freshers Weeks Events. I'm part of the team that builds and runs the main night events. We've got a great range of acts for you this year (soon to be released! hush hush atm) but i'm happy to answer your questions on Fresher's Week.

For example, what do you actually do during fresher's week? How will I find my way around? What events and venues are there? Where can I buy food from? Any questions, fire away and i'll try and help you.

btw, CONGRATULATIONS!
Reply 1
Well, I have a couple of question to make myself clear and to get to Bath in time .When does it start and what will be going on ? is it happening only for a day or for a week ? Thanks you
(edited 7 years ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Skyfall98
Well, I have a couple of question to make myself clear and to get to Bath in time .When does it start and what will be going on ? is it happening only for a day or for a week ? Thanks you

When you accomodation gets offered you will be given a move in day/slot. DOn't worry if you can't make it, but they try to spread the different halls out so not everyone arrives at once!

A full list of activities can be found on the official Fresher's Week Website which i'll link at the bottom. (Go to the What's On Section).

From Monday to Saturday there are events happening all day and each night there is a big event in a 2500 person venue that will feature acts, DJs etc. (Soon to be revealed). It's a great experience and this year's set up is looking great!

There are other events happening too if that's not your thing such as game nights, pub quiz and more.

During the day there are more relaxed events to do with your flat and house crew. For example city tours, campus tours, Fresher's Fair, Sports Day etc.

The evening events will require a wristband (details on the website) for entry.

Check out the Fresher's Week Website for more details!

Any other questions? Let me know!
Reply 3
Hey! I'm kinda confused about the 65 pound wrist band, i'm planning on buying it so that i'm not limited in terms of what i can do during freshers but then there are loads of events such as the Big Bar Crawl happening on the 27th which you have to pay extra for... So I dont really know what to do as i don't wanna be spending too much money..
Reply 4
Original post by ssamarai
Hey! I'm kinda confused about the 65 pound wrist band, i'm planning on buying it so that i'm not limited in terms of what i can do during freshers but then there are loads of events such as the Big Bar Crawl happening on the 27th which you have to pay extra for... So I dont really know what to do as i don't wanna be spending too much money..

Correction: The Big Bar Crawl appears to be on the Tuesday but it is not on the FW16 calendar. THis is most likely an independant event and run by a company pretending to be official. Can you let me know where you saw the Big Bar Crawl?

The current activities (with more to be released) can be found here.

The £65 wristband gets you access into the Fresher's Week arena. Each night a number of acts and DJ's will be performing. Think of it has a big club night in a purpose built venue with 2499 other Fresher's in there with you plus an outdoor bar with alternative DJs. If you like going out then these will be a great way to get to know your flatmates while having loads of fun. Check out the SU's facebook page for pics from last year or THIS video which is an example of the event from last year's monday.

Let me know whether you have any other questions!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest