The Student Room Group

First driving test in 2 days

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Littleduck91
PASSED :smile: 2 minors 1 for hesitation and 1 for speed (not going fast enough) had a 3 point turn. Cant believe ive done it! Not nearly as hard as the mock tests. The examiner literally didnt speak a word to me other thab directing me, i thought that would make it worse but i was so busy focusing on what i was doing i didnt really care!

Good luck for your test hope you do just a good :smile:

Well done!! I hope I'll be able to say the same on Thursday :tongue:
Reply 21
Congratulations, my test is on Thursday. :biggrin:
Original post by Trapped
Congratulations, my test is on Thursday. :biggrin:

Same here! What time is yours? :smile:
Reply 23
8.20am. What time is your test? :biggrin:

Original post by Leviathan1741
Same here! What time is yours? :smile:
Original post by Trapped
8.20am. What time is your test? :biggrin:

Good luck with it! Mine is at 10.14am :h:
Thank you everyone :smile: so glad i done my test at 8:20 because all main roads are quite busy that time of day they stick to smaller roads so i missed all the big pain in the arse roundabouts
@Littleduck91

I'm happy to say that I passed today too! 3 minors :h:
Reply 27
Splendid, i knew you'd do it. :biggrin: :biggrin:* *
@Littleduck91

I'm happy to say that I passed today too! 3 minors :h:
Original post by Trapped
Splendid, i knew you'd do it. :biggrin: :biggrin:* *

How did yours go? :smile:
Reply 29
Passed, 3 minors. I cannot contain my glee.*:biggrin: :biggrin:

How did yours go? :smile:
Original post by Trapped
Passed, 3 minors. I cannot contain my glee.*:biggrin: :biggrin:

Awesome, same result as mine! I'm relieved mainly, I didn't want to wait until October to try again if I didn't pass :tongue:
Reply 31
The money i had saved for driving lessons were rapidly dwindling. Glad everything worked out in the end for both of us.*:biggrin:
Awesome, same result as mine! I'm relieved mainly, I didn't want to wait until October to try again if I didn't pass :tongue:
Original post by Trapped
The money i had saved for driving lessons were rapidly dwindling. Glad everything worked out in the end for both of us.*:biggrin:

Yeah, me too! And Littleduck91 of course :five:
Well done both 😁 this must be the luckiest thread going haha!! How were your nerves? I still dont know how i managed to keep so relaxed and certainly dont know how i managed to pass
Well done both 😁 this must be the luckiest thread going haha!! How were your nerves? I still dont know how i managed to keep so relaxed and certainly dont know how i managed to pass

Thanks! I was feeling pretty relaxed before I got in the car, but the second I started driving, I just went to pieces haha! I think the combination of knowing it was a test and having someone totally unfamiliar in the car with me just made me panic a bit.

I thought I'd failed right at the start, because I pulled over on some double yellow lines by accident and my examiner was shaking his head. Then about a minute later I took the wrong exit at a roundabout! After that I relaxed though as I really thought I'd failed by then, but it turned out I'd passed! I was so surprised! Well done for staying calm and getting through it :h:
I am more or less scared to drive.
Thanks! I was feeling pretty relaxed before I got in the car, but the second I started driving, I just went to pieces haha! I think the combination of knowing it was a test and having someone totally unfamiliar in the car with me just made me panic a bit.

I thought I'd failed right at the start, because I pulled over on some double yellow lines by accident and my examiner was shaking his head. Then about a minute later I took the wrong exit at a roundabout! After that I relaxed though as I really thought I'd failed by then, but it turned out I'd passed! I was so surprised! Well done for staying calm and getting through it :h:

There was a few times i thought id failed too, for some reason as i was coming up to red lights i kept taking it out of gear and just rolling thought after doing that a few times he would have noticed and failed me on it but i didnt even get so much as a minor for it. What were your minors for?
There was a few times i thought id failed too, for some reason as i was coming up to red lights i kept taking it out of gear and just rolling thought after doing that a few times he would have noticed and failed me on it but i didnt even get so much as a minor for it. What were your minors for?

One of them was for accidentally pulling over on double yellow lines (my examiner asked me to pull over on the left, and I was so nervous that I just went for the first space I saw, which I was kicking myself for afterwards!). I also got 2 for moving off 'safety' and 'control' on the report sheet. I think they were because when I was doing my hill start, a vehicle behind was approaching slowly, so I thought they were letting me go (I was signalling right to move off), but after I'd checked and started to move off, I noticed they had started to try and go round me. That put me off a bit, so moving off was a little juddery :smile:
One of them was for accidentally pulling over on double yellow lines (my examiner asked me to pull over on the left, and I was so nervous that I just went for the first space I saw, which I was kicking myself for afterwards!). I also got 2 for moving off 'safety' and 'control' on the report sheet. I think they were because when I was doing my hill start, a vehicle behind was approaching slowly, so I thought they were letting me go (I was signalling right to move off), but after I'd checked and started to move off, I noticed they had started to try and go round me. That put me off a bit, so moving off was a little juddery :smile:

How many lessons did you have in total.
Original post by German123
How many lessons did you have in total.

A lot! I don't know the exact number, but I had roughly 2 hours of lessons per week from October 2015 to August 2016 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending