The Student Room Group

There is no evidence for God

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
He is both God, the son of God and the Holy Spirit.

Woah, full time job being Jesus then innit
Original post by Trapz99
I am 100% confident that God exists and that he came to Earth as Jesus Christ to die for our sins. I personally believe that the atheists are the ones who are deluded.

100%? Wild claim.
For goodness sake, can people not just believe what they want? How is it affecting you so much that you feel the need to stop people from believing what they want just because you selfishly feel oppressed by it.

I don't see most people of faith and opinions of God's existance constantly exhaulting their views for everyone to see, so why should you have to exhault your oppression of it onto people of faith?
(edited 7 years ago)
Definitely a God. As one of my lecturers says when it comes to marking assignments. Remember, folks, I am God".
Because they think there's a reason to believe in God?
Original post by Trapz99
I just have the conviction in my heart that he exists. I am just so certain that he exists. Nothing makes more sense to me tbh. Atheists are deluded imo because they seem to think that the complex world that we live just came here out of nowhere and wasn't created by anyone.

Uhh... religious people believe that too, such people believe that God simply overlooked the process. Did you grow up with religious parents/in a religious community, by any chance?
Original post by GUMI
There's no evidence in Santa but I still get presents every year
checkmate atheists

**** what do I say to this?
Original post by davidguettafan
So why do people still believe in God?

Posted from TSR Mobile
People believed in the existence of Gravitational Waves before there was proof, Stephen Hawking an agnostic believes that God couldn't possibly be responsible for the creation of the universe but has clearly said that "If the rate of expansion one second after the big bang had been smaller by even one part in a hundred thousand million million, the universe would have re-collapsed before it ever reached its present size.” The Earth is so finely tuned for mankind to live that it couldn't simply be based on chance, it defies probability, but Hawking still strives to achieve a solution to this completely disregarding the fact that God was the creator of the Universe. Why do people believe in God even if there is no conspicuous evidence? Why did scientists believe the existence of Gravitational Waves when Einstein, one of the greatest scientists of history later on believed that Gravitational Waves couldn't be found? FAITH.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _gcx
Uhh... religious people believe that too, such people believe that God simply overlooked the process. Did you grow up with religious parents/in a religious community, by any chance?

No.
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
Woah, full time job being Jesus then innit

Hope he's in a Union and gets a good hourly rate.
Original post by Trapz99
No.

That's quite odd then. How did you discover religion? (it might add to the discussion)
Original post by Trapz99
I just have the conviction in my heart that he exists. I am just so certain that he exists. Nothing makes more sense to me tbh. Atheists are deluded imo because they seem to think that the complex world that we live just came here out of nowhere and wasn't created by anyone.

You cannot comprehend how the universe came into being. Fair enough, neither can I.

But unlike you, I do not jump to magic as the solution to something I cannot comprehend.

Furthermore, if the universe is so complex, surely if it was created by something, that something was even more complex. Yet that something you call God, you can suddenly understand?
i hate people who are so ignorant, and deluded for that matter.
God does exist, and we all know it. Only fools (like atheists) don't want to admit it. (im not insulting anyone by calling them a fool, its just a fact if you dont believe in God you're a FOOL)
Yet again, its free will. God won't force anyone to believe in Him, its your choice.
It is my prayer that one day your eyes will be opened to have an encounter with God through his son Jesus Christ.
Amen.
Original post by inhuman
You cannot comprehend how the universe came into being. Fair enough, neither can I.

But unlike you, I do not jump to magic as the solution to something I cannot comprehend.

Furthermore, if the universe is so complex, surely if it was created by something, that something was even more complex. Yet that something you call God, you can suddenly understand?

Easily the best answer to the deluded questions atheists ask
You cannot possibly perceive the truth of the world yet as human's not prepared, their brains' work isn't completely studied, and we do not know a lot about us ourselves and the world surrounding us, but the belief is a strong force that helps human overcome any kind of obstacle, and even in very hard times people don't lose hope. So don't mess with them and their beliefs, just accept them. Humans aren't the same, we all are born under different stars and have different opinions, therefore, different beliefs, and I don't see why it should be a reason for a fight. Belief is what makes us stronger, so it is necessary, just as common sense.
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
People believed in the existence of Gravitational Waves before there was proof, Stephen Hawking an agnostic believes that God couldn't possibly be responsible for the creation of the universe but has clearly said that "If the rate of expansion one second after the big bang had been smaller by even one part in a hundred thousand million million, the universe would have re-collapsed before it ever reached its present size.” The Earth is so finely tuned for mankind to live that it couldn't simply be based on chance, it defies probability, but Hawking still strives to achieve a solution to this completely disregarding the fact that God was the creator of the Universe. Why do people believe in God even if there is no conspicuous evidence? Why did scientists believe the existence of Gravitational Waves when Einstein, one of the greatest scientists of history later on believed that Gravitational Waves couldn't be found? FAITH.

Faith- the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.
Exactly what we need in this dark world, FAITH.
Reply 136
Original post by Trapz99

I suppose that I shouldn't bother asking for proof and believe you because you are utterly convinced that I'm wrong?
Original post by Sisuphos
Because they think there's a reason to believe in God?

not just one reason, but MANY REASONS to believe in God.
Original post by _gcx
That's quite odd then. How did you discover religion? (it might add to the discussion)

Well my parents are religious but not Christians. I came to Christ after reading about the word of God on the Internet and in school RE lessons.
Original post by Josb
I suppose that I shouldn't bother asking for proof and believe you because you are utterly convinced that I'm wrong?

I don't feel I need proof tbh. I believe that we all know deep in our heart that God exists.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending