The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Science with an Integrated Foundation year - Manchester 2016-2017

Been looking around to try and find a thread for the Science Foundation year course for anyone potentially studying this year, so unless I've just missed it I decided to just make one :biggrin:

Does anyone know the course start dates/ course materials/things we need to do? Or If I'm the only one doing the course this year... :tongue:

Lily, 20, wanting to study the MPhys if I survive foundation year
Hi!

Was about to make a thread then found yours, I think we start the same time as everyone else (19th?), and I would imagine the uni will be in touch soon with all the details we need.

Whats your background then, you mess up A levels like me or are you coming from a different background/work?

Dan, 24 (yes I'm a **** up) also wanting to study MPhys, or MEng :-)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Hey Dan!

19th sounds so early, what about freshers?! Haha
I worked full-time while I did my a-levels so I screwed them up too.
Aha I'm so glad I'll be studying with people closer to my age, I'll be 21 soon after we start and was worried I'd be an elder 😂
Original post by DocMartians
Hey Dan!

19th sounds so early, what about freshers?! Haha
I worked full-time while I did my a-levels so I screwed them up too.
Aha I'm so glad I'll be studying with people closer to my age, I'll be 21 soon after we start and was worried I'd be an elder 😂

Which A levels did you do? I worked part time around 20-25 hours per week and struggled so cant even imagine doing A levels with a full time job!

And yeah I think this course will more likely have people closer to our age, I hope anyway. Did you do distance learning or study at a college? Studying with 16-18 year olds for the past 2 years has been 'fun' to say the least....Glad to be finally going to uni!

Oh and Freshers starts on the Sunday...Which is the 18th I think, but some people move in on the Thursday/Friday preceding it. To be honest the 18th was a relief to me, I originally saw on UCAS a start date of the 1st of September and had a mild panic attack. Plenty of time to prepare now.
Reply 4
Original post by philo-jitsu
Which A levels did you do? I worked part time around 20-25 hours per week and struggled so cant even imagine doing A levels with a full time job!

And yeah I think this course will more likely have people closer to our age, I hope anyway. Did you do distance learning or study at a college? Studying with 16-18 year olds for the past 2 years has been 'fun' to say the least....Glad to be finally going to uni!

Oh and Freshers starts on the Sunday...Which is the 18th I think, but some people move in on the Thursday/Friday preceding it. To be honest the 18th was a relief to me, I originally saw on UCAS a start date of the 1st of September and had a mild panic attack. Plenty of time to prepare now.

I did physics, maths and chemistry, you? I couldn't finish 6th form so I went away and did it a year later on my lonesome :smile:

I'm moving in on 15th to Hulme Hall, which accommodation did you get?
I'm Lily Walker (Team Rocket/Wetherspoons ) on Facebook if you've got it :smile:
Original post by DocMartians
I did physics, maths and chemistry, you? I couldn't finish 6th form so I went away and did it a year later on my lonesome :smile:

I'm moving in on 15th to Hulme Hall, which accommodation did you get?
I'm Lily Walker (Team Rocket/Wetherspoons ) on Facebook if you've got it :smile:

Physics/maths and bio (huge mistake) Was hoping to get into Lancaster for the full degree but ended up with BBB so that was definitely not happening...

I'll probably be moving up on the same date actually, think thats the earliest they allow you to move in, and I'm in Denmark road.

You thinking you'll need a part time job while your up there? Was really looking forward to finally getting to focus on just Physics but my *****y maintenance loan doesn't want that :smile:, well its either get a job or sell my car :frown:

Oh and never got round to facebook, though I'm regretting this decision seeing as it seems the only way to communicate with people going to uni.
Anybody get in by clearing and with what grades?
18 he got grades BCD didnt get in, sent an e-mail appeal and got in :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by ibrahimsow1
18 he got grades BCD didnt get in, sent an e-mail appeal and got in :biggrin:

Who, what and when!! Can you give me some details please as I am terrified of results day 😭
Original post by escaff
Who, what and when!! Can you give me some details please as I am terrified of results day 😭

Oh dont know why i said he that was me. I applied not through clearing but through UCAS. Was declined a place, called them and asked again, got the place. Going into my second year now. Promised myself to come back and check, becuase no1 did it for me and it wasn't cool. ANy questions shoot away mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending