The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by megafidget
Sadly 1 raw up gives you 2 ums, 2 gives you 4, 53 to 55 is unlikely but possible so worth a shot.

I was told by our school that if we asked for a photo copy it would only arrive AFTER the deadline for remarks specifically so you can't look at it and ask for a remark. It seems a bit ridiculous they'd do that tho and no idea if that's right...

That's not correct for my school. On the letter about EAR's it specifically mentions to ask for a PHOTOCOPY of the paper by this Wednesday so the paper arrives in time to consider a (not priority) remark.
Original post by postexamtalk
That's not correct for my school. On the letter about EAR's it specifically mentions to ask for a PHOTOCOPY of the paper by this Wednesday so the paper arrives in time to consider a (not priority) remark.

Sorry yeh just checked mine and only the script comes too late, photocopy is ok
Original post by lawlieto
I think F324 and F325 grade boundaries were "fair", since the exams were easier than average (I'm saying that after having done all the past papers)
I practiced chemistry every day, I analysed every past paper and I have learnt all the mark schemes, and I got an A*, so if you work hard enough, you'll get the grade you want no matter what the boundaries are. Moreover, I think most of the maths grade boundaries were fair as well (in some cases I actually predicted higher boundaries lol)
Having said all this, I think there are many things wrong with our education, it is so far from perfect..

However, the coursework was a joke, it's very unfair to lose 6 UMS for 1 mark

p r e a c h
f324: 77/90
f325: 148/150
f326: 42/60
can't believe how hard I failed the coursework, left me 3 ums shy of A* in this subject *sigh*
Original post by k.russell
p r e a c h
can't believe how hard I failed the coursework, left me 3 ums shy of A* in this subject *sigh*

I'm sorry about coursework, 36/40 should've been realistic for an A and then every mark lost would've been 3 UMS
although you can't entirely blame it on it, can you. you could've done better on unit 4, it was so much easier than last year.
Got copies of my f324 and f325 scripts back to see if its worth getting a remark. Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme or know where i could find one to check if i could go up??
Original post by hjf321
Got copies of my f324 and f325 scripts back to see if its worth getting a remark. Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme or know where i could find one to check if i could go up??

I think only way is by asking a teacher to access the mark scheme via Interchange
Original post by itsConnor_
I think only way is by asking a teacher to access the mark scheme via Interchange

Cheers, I asked my teacher to take a look at them.
Original post by hjf321
Cheers, I asked my teacher to take a look at them.

Best of luck :smile: you missed a uni place cos of it?
Original post by itsConnor_
Best of luck :smile: you missed a uni place cos of it?

Nah I didn't apply this year, but I worked pretty hard for chemistry and ended up being 3 UMS off an A* so would quite like to up my grade if possible.
Original post by k.russell
p r e a c h

The Coursework is unfair especially when literally so many schools cheat. I'm glad they finally got rid of them but I guess it a bit too late.
Can you get practicals remarked ?
Original post by Dentistry101
Can you get practicals remarked ?

No*
Original post by meridian0
Wish I got a remark. Even though gaining 20UMS would have been soooooooo unlikely, nearly impossible. Dammit :frown:

Dont worry about it, the marking in chem is pretty objective so going up 20ums would really be near impossible :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4133
Wish I got a remark. Even though gaining 20UMS would have been soooooooo unlikely, nearly impossible. Dammit :frown:

Going up 20UMS wouldn't happen.
I know you guys are right but I am too annoyed about getting a B. And I know I will get over it, especially once university starts. But its like the first time my hard work didnt pay off.

you will get use to it soon lol
I know you guys are right but I am too annoyed about getting a B. And I know I will get over it, especially once university starts. But its like the first time my hard work didnt pay off.

Lol I feel you.. worked so hard this year for an A and due to last years poor result dragging me down, I'm left with 3 UMS off an A
Original post by postexamtalk
Lol I feel you.. worked so hard this year for an A and due to last years poor result dragging me down, I'm left with 3 UMS off an A

You can get a remark to see if you can go over the boundaries. You are so close, believe in yourself or something
Original post by sakuraton
You can get a remark to see if you can go over the boundaries. You are so close, believe in yourself or something

I was already accepted into my firm and £45 is a high price to pay for pride lol... I did request photocopies of my f321 and f325, both of which I thought I had done better despite doing well in both, and it seems like a long shot requesting a remark and expecting grade to go up... waiting for my teacher to send the mark scheme at the moment though.
Hi everyone

I got my f325 re-marked and it went up by 6 UMS (three raw marks), so I've now got an A in chemistry !!! :biggrin:

Just thought I'd tell you all that there is still hope if you wanna get a re-mark and you're not far off the boundary, so GO FOR IT !!!

I was on 475/600 and now 481/600. I re-marked just one paper. If you want you can re-mark one paper see if it changes, then immediately re-mark the other paper. They're now returning remarks quite quickly. It took 4 days for mine to return !
But hurry, the re-mark deadline finishes mid September !
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bulkybros100
Hi everyone

I got my f325 re-marked and it went up by 6 UMS (three raw marks), so I've now got an A in chemistry !!! :biggrin:

Just thought I'd tell you all that there is still hope if you wanna get a re-mark and you're not far off the boundary, so GO FOR IT !!!

I was on 475/600 and now 481/600. I re-marked just one paper. If you want you can re-mark one paper see if it changes, then immediately re-mark the other paper. They're now returning remarks quite quickly. It took 4 days for mine to return !
But hurry, the re-mark deadline finishes mid September !

Congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending