The Student Room Group

Places on Masters of Pharmacy and BSc. Pharmacology and Physiology courses

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all celebrating your results, whatever you got you should be proud of all your hard work!:u:

To those students thinking of a career in Pharmacy and going through the clearing process we still have places available on our Masters of Pharmacy and Bsc. Pharmacology and Physiology. We also offer the Bsc. Pharmacology and Physiology with intergrated foundation year for those without the science grounding to go straight into the MPharm or the BSc.

More information about all courses can be found here: http://www.msp.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/index.html

We have student advisers on hand today if you have any questions about these courses or the University itself (the School of Pharmacy is a joint collaboration between the University of Kent and the University of Greenwich) so please call or text us before 5pm on 07934680059.

Alternatively, call our clearing hotline on 01634 8884843 to see if you are eligible for a place on any of the above courses.

Good luck to you all,

Becka
Second year student adviser
MSoP
Reply 1
Original post by Medway School of Pharmacy
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all celebrating your results, whatever you got you should be proud of all your hard work!:u:

To those students thinking of a career in Pharmacy and going through the clearing process we still have places available on our Masters of Pharmacy and Bsc. Pharmacology and Physiology. We also offer the Bsc. Pharmacology and Physiology with intergrated foundation year for those without the science grounding to go straight into the MPharm or the BSc.

More information about all courses can be found here: http://www.msp.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/index.html

We have student advisers on hand today if you have any questions about these courses or the University itself (the School of Pharmacy is a joint collaboration between the University of Kent and the University of Greenwich) so please call or text us before 5pm on 07934680059.

Alternatively, call our clearing hotline on 01634 8884843 to see if you are eligible for a place on any of the above courses.

Good luck to you all,

Becka
Second year student adviser
MSoP

Hey :smile:
I just been offered this course since I didn't meet the grades for pharmacy...... I just wanted to know is it easy to meet the requirements to progress into the MPharm degree or do a lot of people not get the chance to progress to the pharmacy course for various reason such as limited places or not getting the 70% grade.
Original post by taraxx
Hey :smile:
I just been offered this course since I didn't meet the grades for pharmacy...... I just wanted to know is it easy to meet the requirements to progress into the MPharm degree or do a lot of people not get the chance to progress to the pharmacy course for various reason such as limited places or not getting the 70% grade.

I was offered this course too 🙂 As I missed the grades for MPharm unfortunately. In order to progress to MPharm, would we need to get the required percentage in the foundation year? Or in year 1 of pharmacology and physiology? If it's the latter, does that mean I'd have to have done 2 years of study before I progress into MPharm?
Original post by MedioCentro97
I was offered this course too 🙂 As I missed the grades for MPharm unfortunately. In order to progress to MPharm, would we need to get the required percentage in the foundation year? Or in year 1 of pharmacology and physiology? If it's the latter, does that mean I'd have to have done 2 years of study before I progress into MPharm?

Good afternoon,

If you are entering the foundation year, you will be required to get a 70% average and pass an interview before going onto year 1 of the MPharm programme.

If you are entering the foundation year, you will only have one chance to get into the Pharmacy degree.

Unfortunately you cannot study the foundation year, then the BSc and then transfer to Pharmacy. So the answer to your original question would be you would only be required to study one year prior to the four year MPharm programme.

Regards,
Sammi :smile:
Good afternoon,

If you are entering the foundation year, you will be required to get a 70% average and pass an interview before going onto year 1 of the MPharm programme.

If you are entering the foundation year, you will only have one chance to get into the Pharmacy degree.

Unfortunately you cannot study the foundation year, then the BSc and then transfer to Pharmacy. So the answer to your original question would be you would only be required to study one year prior to the four year MPharm programme.

Regards,

Thanks a lot for your reply Sammi, so just to clarify, I'll need to have gotten 70% in the foundation year + pass an interview to start the MPharm course? And usually what are the chances of this happening, have there been many who have gone through this route recently at Medway SoP? Thank you in advance 🙂 I'll be starting the foundation year next month.
Actually I've just seen your post on the other forum answering my question, so it's okay now. Thank you for all your help!
Actually I've just seen your post on the other forum answering my question, so it's okay now. Thank you for all your help!

No problem at all.

If you have any further questions, please do get in contact with us!

No problem at all.

If you have any further questions, please do get in contact with us!

Just two more, does the foundation year start on the 1st of September or 19th? It says 1st on UCAS but accomodation starts on the 17th? I'm a bit baffled here. Also are there any bursaries available for students and are they still available?
Also could you tell me the percentage of people from Medway school of pharmacy who pass their pre-reg exam? Thanks!
Just two more, does the foundation year start on the 1st of September or 19th? It says 1st on UCAS but accomodation starts on the 17th? I'm a bit baffled here. Also are there any bursaries available for students and are they still available?

No problem!

You will need to enrol on the 18th September, and your first day is September 19th. Sorry for the confusion!

All bursary information can be found here: http://www2.gre.ac.uk/study/finance/undergraduate/scholarships/msp

Best wishes,

Also could you tell me the percentage of people from Medway school of pharmacy who pass their pre-reg exam? Thanks!

We believe the General Pharmaceutical Council will be releasing this information in early September.

We believe the General Pharmaceutical Council will be releasing this information in early September.

Hi there,

What can be done for those who don't have their GCSE letter/certificates when going to register face to face? Could a confirmation be given from my UCAS referee or secondary school?
This is just a question bur iv been heating negative things about pharmacy after the whole course is there definitely going to be a guaranteed Job
Hi there,

What can be done for those who don't have their GCSE letter/certificates when going to register face to face? Could a confirmation be given from my UCAS referee or secondary school?

Please reply asap or give me a number I can call to sort this out!! Thank you
Hi there,

This all depends on the situation. Are they arriving at a later date, or do you not have your certificates? This kind of query needs to be asked at Greenwich centrally.
Give this number a call: 02083319870

Original post by goal101
This is just a question bur iv been heating negative things about pharmacy after the whole course is there definitely going to be a guaranteed Job

Nearly all of our students get Pre-Registration places, those who don't, have chosen not to go down that route.
For example, one student who didn't go into their pre-reg year chose to pursue a PhD.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending